Lemons Chemo Cap
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This beautifully textured crochet chemo cap makes a wonderful gift or donation to your local cancer charity. The simple crown paired with the fun textured sides and post stitch ribbing makes for a very attractive hat. The light blue color of this hat represents Prostate Cancer awareness- it’s the second most common cancer in men, but if caught early is very treatable. I encourage you to tell the special guys in your life to get their yearly checks- no matter how uncomfortable or awkward. The soft, lightweight yarn used makes it ultra comfortable for sensitive heads, whether that’s for someone undergoing chemotherapy treatments, or teeny tiny new babies in the NICU. You’ll use under 230 yards of a DK (3) weight yarn for this hat in the adult large size. I’ve made this sample using a wool yarn, but consider using the alternates I’ve suggested in the pattern if you are donating to a NICU or chemo center, as wool can cause sensitivities in certain patients. The pattern is sized for Preemie, Baby, Toddler, Child, Adult Small, and Adult Large sizes."
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
8 stitches and 6 rows = 2 inches
in hdc through 3rd loop
- 175-230 yds DK yarn
- F/3.75mm crochet hook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Get in touch with your inner flapper with this chic 1920's Rose Swirl Headband. The headband pattern has a lovely crochet flower on… Continue reading: "1920s Rose Swirl Crochet Headbandvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet