We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"There are a lot of patterns for long tailed baby hats around and that's because they are so dang cute on wee ones. When a close friend of mine called this week and asked if I had time to whip up a couple hats for her baby due any day I jumped at the chance. I LOVE making newborn hats. They are quick and the pix are always adorable. Since she doesnt know if the baby will come before Valentines Day I made the heart so it buttons on and can be removed if they choose. I am tickled with how the rounds of layered color turned out. I played around with a few rounds and LOVE the look. This pattern is written for newborn size with a long tail. It really works up quickly and is totally doable in less than 2 hours."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge: 2" = 4.75 rounds and 6.5 hdc sts
- Worsted Weight Yarn
- H hook
More sizes coming soon.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Gingham Bunny Placemat
- C2c Squirrel
- Ziggy The Zebra
- Bella The Butterfly Rattle
- Cutie Bear Doll Hat
- Sugar Plum Pocket Wrap
- Boho Fringe Coasters
- Circle Of Friends Crochet Square
- Earth Day Crochet Doily
- 3 Skein Crochet Projects (23 Free Patterns)
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters