Bernies Mittens To Crochet
Be cozy and trendy with your own pair of Bernie-style mittens!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
As soon as crafters saw the immediate popularity of the Bernie Sanders inauguration mittens, everyone wanted to make some. And anyone who knows a crafter was begging them to make them a pair, too. Now you're all set with this awesome replica to crochet. Make your own Bernie mittens for yourself, your friends, or family.
From the blogger: "Like everyone else in the world I was quite taken with the sight of Bernie Sanders sitting at the Inauguration. While the eye-catching warm bulky mittens he wore were made by a Vermont artist who uses felted sweaters and fleece to make her creations, of course I decided I wanted to do a crochet version. Definitely these are inspired by, certainly not a line-by-line recreation. But they echo the colors and the chunky texture. I used worsted weight yarn held double, and they are definitely long and toasty warm."
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished Size13” tall x 10”/12” in circumference at palm/thumb
Find these mittens and more you'll love in our collection of 20+ Free Crochet Mitten Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Grab two skeins of your favorite Caron yarn to make this Simply Stripes Baby Blanket. Crochet blankets always make a great homemade… Continue reading: "Simply Stripes Baby Blanketvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters