14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Drew Emborsky, aka The Crochet Dude, was taught to crochet at age five by his mom while snowbound in Lake Tahoe. After studying fine arts in college and doing the "starving artist" thing for a few years, he found solace in crocheting for charity while grieving the passing of his mother. It was during this time with the charity group that he became known as "The Crochet Dude", which then led to the launch of his wildly popular blog in 2005.
Drew blogs and creates from his studio in Houston, TX with his cats Chandler and Cleocatra.
Drew is the crochet expert on the hit show Knit & Crochet Now! airing currently on PBS nationwide.
He has been featured in national publications including BUST Magazine, Interweave Crochet, Knit.1, Knit 'n Style, Knit Simple, and Crochet Today!, as well as international newspapers such as The Sunday Telegraph (in London).
Drew's full-length books:
Crochet It. Love It. Wear It! (Leisure Arts 2010)
The Crochet Dude's Designs for Guys (Lark Books 2008)
Men Who Knit And the Dogs Who Love Them (Lark Books - 2006)
Drew's pocket-sized books:
In All Caps (Leisure Arts 2009)
All Washed Up (Leisure Arts 2009)
Sweet Pet Comforts (Leisure Arts 2009)
Must Have Handbags (Leisure Arts 2009)
Drew provides design support to: Tilli Tomas Luxury Yarns, Caron International, Lion Brand, Coats & Clark, South West Trading Co., & Conjoined Creations
He has made various guest appearances on craft shows such as: Uncommon Threads (HGTV-DIY) Knitty Gritty (HGTV-DIY) Needlearts Studio with Shay Pendray (PBS) Paint, Paper, & Crafts (PBS).
Patterns on AllFreeCrochet:
- Lightweight Half Shell Purse
- Flip Flop Holder for Glasses
- Ice Cream Cozy
- Monet Afghan
- Groovy Loops Square
- Fabric Basket
- Pink Ribbing Purse
- Travel Jewelry Pouch
- Pretty in Pink Crochet Vest
- Warm Wooly Vest
- Crochet Ruffled Collar
- Sunshine Dishcloth
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Take all the romance of knights and folk heroes like Robin Hood and you'll get the Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl. Imagine yourself… Continue reading: "Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawlvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Eternal Cable Crop Top
- Boho Fall Lines Wall Hanging
- Boho Wall Hanging
- Popping Posts Crochet Throw Blanket
- Monstera Crochet Cowl
- Milkweed Leaf Shawl
- Simple And Best Socks
- Everyday Crochet Sweater
- Crochet Baby Set Using The Granny Stitch
- All You Need Is Love Cardigan
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters