Tunisian Mask Mates / Ear Savers
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"A mask mate or an ear saver is an accessory that can be used with a face mask to prevent sore ears. Prolonged use of a face mask with elastic bands that go over the ears can make the ears very sore. There are a lot of health care workers who could benefit from using these mask mates because they have to wear such masks on a daily basis for long hours. These mask mates are made up of 100% cotton and are washable. They require a small amount of yarn and 2 buttons and are really quick to make! 1. They prevent ears from getting sore because of prolonged use of masks. 2. They help people with small heads because the mask fits better with them. 3. They are made of cotton so they can be washed in hot water and disinfected. 4. They need a tiny amount of yarn so they can be made out of scraps. 5. If you haven’t tried Tunisian crochet, this is a great pattern for beginners :) This tested pattern contains: Complete list of materials Written Instructions Pattern Chart Video tutorial to follow along and make these mask mates."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not important. See pattern for more details.
Finished Size5” x 1.5” - The pattern is written for one size but is easily adjustable.
- Worsted weight yarn
- 5.5 mm Tunisian crochet hook
- 2 large buttons
- Measuring Tape
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The delightfully easy Wrapped with Love Crochet Hat pattern is the perfect gift to make for anyone in your family. This pattern comes… Continue reading: "Wrapped with Love Crochet Hatvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters