This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Jade Sun Hat: Quick And Easy Crochet Pattern In Four Sizes
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The Jade Sun Hat is a quick and easy style using basic crochet stitches and simple repeats that create a lot of interesting fabric texture! This sun hat is made with simple stitches to quickly create a gorgeous fabric that is really fun to crochet. The pattern is worked in joined rounds from the top down using chains, single, and double crochet stitches. Follow the pattern instructions to create one of four popular hat sizes: 18 (20, 22, 24)”. While you can easily substitute yarn for this project, I really enjoyed working with Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton to give this style the perfect weight and brim. 24/7 Cotton is a sturdy yarn with a nice weight to it, so the fabric it creates is perfect for this brim style. If you choose to substitute yarn, think about the fabric you’re creating and be careful not to create fabric that is too stiff (unless you’re totally into that kind of style, of course)! The Jade Sun Hat is a great pattern because: This top-down hat is worked with simple stitches and stitch repeats. You can easily substitute yarn fibers and colors to make this your own style! You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: working in joined rounds, increasing, gauge & size, finishing techniques & more! "
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge15.25 Dc Sts = 4”, 8 Dc rows = 4”
Finished Size18 (20, 22, 24)" around x 8 (9, 10, 10)" tall
Yarn: Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton, worsted weight #4 yarn (186 yds / 170 m; 3.5 oz / 100 g per skein): 1 (1, 1, 2) skeins of #178 Jade
US G/6 (4 mm) crochet hook
Read NextDIY Face Mask to Crochet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters