Silk Yarn Butterfly Scarf
This beautiful Silk Yarn Butterfly Scarf is the perfect accessory to add to your outfit this spring. The fun, flirty colors of this scarf will add the perfect pop of color to any woman's outfit. Made using gorgeous recycled yarn from Darn Good Yarn, this free crochet scarf pattern is also a great way to help save the environment. You'll definitely want to wear this everyday, but be sure you wear it on Earth Day!
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
- Two skeins of Darn Good Yarn Recycled Silk Yarn
- Hook: Size I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
1: ch 16, dc in third ch from hook, dc in all across, turn. OR. Ch 16 dc in third ch from hook dc two more times sk 8 st, dc in next 3 dc, turn
First one gives a solid base foundation and second gives bottom of butterfly. I use second.
2. Ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 8 , dc in next 3, turn
3. Ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 8, dc in next 3, turn
4. Ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 8, dc in next 3′ turn
5. Ch 2, dc in next 2, ch 4, sc around rows 2,3,4, ch 4, dc in next 3, turn
6. Repeat rows 2-5 until desired length
To end end with row 5. Or a row of solid dc if you started with a row of solid dc
Be sure to visit Darn Good Yarn's company profile for additional information and to buy their yarn.
Read NextCluster Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern