"A Wavy Shade of Winter" Super Scarf
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Super scarves are all the rage right now. Somewhere in between a scarf and a wrap, this trending fashion accessory will keep you warm all season long. What makes a super scarf so super? Well, the biggest reason is because it is super sized. Double the width and length of a normal sized scarf. Let’s just call it what it is, an excuse to walk around in a blanket. No one likes being cold! This crochet pattern is nice because once your mind learns the row (it’s not hard once you get it), you won’t even have to look at the pattern. Makes for good “in front of the tv” crocheting. The scarf is made in a classic chevron pattern, with stitches worked in the back loops, just to add a touch of ridged texture. Use a wool blend yarn to make an extra toasty scarf. I used 4 skeins of Lion Brand “Scarfie” yarn (a wool/acrylic blend) in a charcoal/aqua colorway, and it came out lovely (and really warm)."
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge6 stitches and 3 rows = 2 inches in double crochet
Finished SizeApprox. 14" wide by 10' long
- 1100-1200 yards bulky weight (5) yarn or 4 skeins of Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn
- Size K (6.5mm) crochet hook
- Needle (for weaving in ends)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet