This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mitered Square Crochet Pillow
"Learn Tunisian crochet with this pillow project, which teaches the basic stitch, decreasing, and binding off. This small project can be completed with a standard crochet hook. This pattern includes a video tutorial for the Tunisian crochet stitches. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet Crocheting in rows for squares, crocheting in rounds for borders Decreasing with Tss (explanation provided in pattern and video tutorial) Special stitch patterns: Color-Change Return, Standard Return, Tss (explanations provided in pattern and video tutorial)"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeSquare = 4” (10 cm) in pattern after blocking. For best fit, always check your gauge.
Finished SizeFits an 18” (46 cm) pillow form.
- HiKoo SimpliWorsted by Skacel Collection (55% Merino superwash wool/28% acrylic/17% nylon, 3.5 oz/100 g, 140 yd/128 m) – 2 skeins ea in 036 Silver Hair (CA) and 011 Indigo (CB), or approximately 280 yd (256 m) in ea of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- U.S. Size J-10 (6 mm) crochet or Tunisian crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- U.S. Size I-9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 18” x 18” (46 cm x 46 cm) pillow form.
- Tools for wet blocking (pins, blocking mat or padded ironing board).
Read NextNeutral Crochet Pillow Pattern