We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Watermelons always remind me of summer! You? Do you like watermelons? If you do, here's a lovely and easy pattern to make watermelon coasters this weekend."
Crochet HookD/3 or 3.25 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished Size10cm x 10 cm
- Sport yarn in 3 colors (red, light and dark green) in brand of your choice and a 3 mm hook (leftover yarn is great for this project)
- Cylindrical seed beads in black or brown and a sewing needle and thread
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Foundation and round 1: In red, ch5 and join with a sl st to make a ring. ch2 in all stitches (not in ring) Sl st with 1st st. to end round (10).
Round 2: Ch3 (counts as the 1st dc) and dc1 in 1st st., dc2 in all sts. left. Sl st with 1st st. to end round (20)
Round 3: Ch3 (counts as the 1st dc) and dc1 in 1st st., dc1 in next st. From here dc2 in one st., dc1 in the next for the whole round. Sl st with 1st st. to end round (30)
Round 4: Ch3 (counts as the 1st dc) and dc1 in 1st st., dc1 in next 2 sts. From here dc2 in one st., dc1 in the next 2 sts for the whole round. Sl st with 1st st. to end round (30)
Round 5: In light green, insert yarn in 1st st and sc1 in the same stitch. Next, sc2 in all. Sl st with 1st st. to end round (60)
Round 6: In dark green, insert yarn in 1st st, ch2 (counts as the 1st hdc) and hdc1 in the same stitch. Next, hdc2 in all. Sl st with 1st st. to end round (60). Work all the tails. Thread a sewing needle and sew the beads all over the watermelon. Add more or less than shown in the pictures. I used tiny black cylindrical seed beads that I sewed in between stitches, so the surface is not disturbed and remains flat.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- C2c Reindeer
- Tea Spa Crochet Mug Rug
- Crochet Robin Bauble
- Crochet Yarn Angel Ornament
- Westmount Unisex Crochet Slippers
- Snowman In Stitches Wreath
- Totally Tweed Toque
- Christmas Tree Scrubby Dishcloth
- Funky Chunky Headband
- Bernat Blanket Yarn Pocket Shawl
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters