14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
Braided Crochet Hat Pattern + Video
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"In this tutorial, I’ll be teaching you the braid stitch. You have the option of using one or two colors. Warning, if are using two colors, your secondary color may show through, I personally like that. The materials that will be using today are a 5 mm crochet hook & Caron Simply Soft which is a worsted weight yarn one in the color Iceland blue and bone. I chose Caron Simply Soft because it works perfectly with this stitch. All #4 worsted weight yarns are not the same. The stitches lay flatter with a light worsted weight yarn. With heavier #4 worsted weight yarn such as red heart Super Saver, the stitches came out bulkier. The choice is yours. Material #4 Worsted Weight Yarn – Caron Simply Soft -1 or 2 colors (I used blue and tan) 5 mm Hook Embroidery Needle for Sewing"
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished Size21-22 inches
- Caron Simply Soft
- 5 mm hook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Take all the romance of knights and folk heroes like Robin Hood and you'll get the Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl. Imagine yourself… Continue reading: "Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawlvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cardigan With Pockets
- Wildflowers Wrap
- Crochet Christmas Nordic Bauble
- Alpine Paths Tote
- Hex Flower Crossbody
- Bacterial Culture Plate Potholder
- Crochet Mummy | Halloween Crochet Pattern
- Shifting Posts Crochet Hat
- How To Crochet The Rice Stitch
- C2c Goat
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters