Unbelievable No Crochet Witch Hat
Make the easiest part of your Halloween costume with this Unbelievable No Crochet Witch Hat. Any beginner can work up this witch hat craft, because it only involves adding on to an already-purchased costume hat and not actually using crochet hooks. Team Spirit yarn from Red Heart creates the perfect ruffled look to add to your costume this year that will make you stand out in the crowd. Don't just be another typical witch- show off your creativity with the easiest homemade Halloween costume ever!
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- Red Heart Boutique Sashay Team Spirit: Orange/Black (1 ball)
- Scrap piece of acrylic yarn
- Witch Hat
- Yarn Needle
- Fabric Glue OR Needle/Thread
Guage is not important for this project.
1. Cut a length of acrylic yarn that measures 12” (30.5 cm) longer than the length around circumference of hat brim and thread onto needle.
2. Pull a length of Sashay from ball; sew a running stitch through larger holes along one edge. Pull yarn needle tight, gathering the Sashay into a ruffle.
3. Once ruffle is long enough to go around brim, cut Sashay.
4. Using photo as a guide, position ruffle around hat and knot yarn ends together. Glue or sew ruffle to brim of hat making sure that ends are secure.
Read NextCheshire Cat Hood