We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
When you're working on a granny square afghan, add in some granny hexagons to switch up the look of your project. The Moroccan Garden square pattern creates beautiful boho-style floral crochet tiles. And, in the designer's own words, "this pattern also contains instructions for making half-and quarter tiles, to fill the gaps and square off your afghan perfectly. The tiles are easy to make, and after joining, you'll have a gorgeous, detailed-looking end result."
-There are 4 types of tiles to be made in this design: a full tile for the main body of the afghan, quarter tiles for the corners, half-width tiles to fill in the gaps along the side edges, and half-length tiles to fill in the gaps at the top and bottom edges.
-Two tiles are joined at a time, with a Single Crochet, working through both layers.
-Two rows of a simple Granny Stitch all around to finish off, or to provide a base for crocheting a more elaborate edging.
-This pattern was published in conjunction with a calculator that will determine how many tiles you need for ANY size afghan, as well as how many halves and quarters you'll need to fill in all the gaps around the edge to square it off. Therefor, you can make ANY size rectangle with the help of the calculator, so you can use it for afghans, blankets, scarves,bags, cushion covers, throws, shawls - the sky is the limit!
-After the blocks have been joined together to make an afghan, the afghan will be rectangular. After they are joined, they begin to form a rectangle with a wavy edge. Half-blocks are added into these spaces to produce a straight edge. (Note: there are half-blocks along all the sides, and quarter-blocks in each corner.)
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeUsing the suggested hook and yarn will produce a tile size of 145mm long by 115 mm wide. Try your own combos for different sizes!
Finished SizeDepends on how many tiles are used. See Notes for more info.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Clean Using Homemade Crochet Designs: 17 Home Organization Patterns
- Shepherd’s Lamb
- 190 Patterns to Crochet for Halloween: The Ultimate Collection
- Oya Crochet Flower
- Mission Street Shawl
- Tea Time
- Nadia Fuad
- Foundation Slip Stitch Tutorial (fsl st)
- Shawn Mosch
- Summer Lovin' Crochet Vest
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet