We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
When you're working on a granny square afghan, add in some granny hexagons to switch up the look of your project. The Moroccan Garden square pattern creates beautiful boho-style floral crochet tiles. And, in the designer's own words, "this pattern also contains instructions for making half-and quarter tiles, to fill the gaps and square off your afghan perfectly. The tiles are easy to make, and after joining, you'll have a gorgeous, detailed-looking end result."
-There are 4 types of tiles to be made in this design: a full tile for the main body of the afghan, quarter tiles for the corners, half-width tiles to fill in the gaps along the side edges, and half-length tiles to fill in the gaps at the top and bottom edges.
-Two tiles are joined at a time, with a Single Crochet, working through both layers.
-Two rows of a simple Granny Stitch all around to finish off, or to provide a base for crocheting a more elaborate edging.
-This pattern was published in conjunction with a calculator that will determine how many tiles you need for ANY size afghan, as well as how many halves and quarters you'll need to fill in all the gaps around the edge to square it off. Therefor, you can make ANY size rectangle with the help of the calculator, so you can use it for afghans, blankets, scarves,bags, cushion covers, throws, shawls - the sky is the limit!
-After the blocks have been joined together to make an afghan, the afghan will be rectangular. After they are joined, they begin to form a rectangle with a wavy edge. Half-blocks are added into these spaces to produce a straight edge. (Note: there are half-blocks along all the sides, and quarter-blocks in each corner.)
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeUsing the suggested hook and yarn will produce a tile size of 145mm long by 115 mm wide. Try your own combos for different sizes!
Finished SizeDepends on how many tiles are used. See Notes for more info.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw
- Garden Trellis Afghan Square
- Classic Granny Square Throw
- Suzy Snowflake's Favorite Afghan
- Country Cottage Granny Afghan
- Quick and Easy Jeweled Afghan
- Makin' Squares Blanket
- Nana's Favorite Baby Blanket
- Crochet Daisy Granny Square
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Wavy Shells Mittens
- Snuggler Cardigan Crochet Sweater Cocoon
- Down the Chimney Crochet Gift Bags
- Snowy Ridges Full or Messy Bun Hat
- Festive Crochet Christmas Tags
- Wilton Gray Men Scarf
- Scrappy Stripes Triangle Shawl
- Easy DIY Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Dandelion Tunic Dress
- Clamshell Lace Waterfall Vest
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet