Celestial Crochet Wrist Warmers
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Crochet wrist warmers might not seem like the best option for the bitter cold, but when your office AC is set too high, these are just what you need to warm up your hands while keeping your fingers free to keep doing your work. The Celestial Crochet Wrist Warmer pattern is an easy one to work up and features two colors for a chic color-blocked look. Work one up in neutral shades for everyday use, or work up a pair in your favorite color to stand out. Available in three wrist sizes, these crochet fingerless gloves are the perfect little accessory.
-The pattern is worked from the cuff up; make the foundation chain loosely to allow for stretching.
-Instructions between [ ] are all worked into the same stitch.
-Instructions between * are to be repeated as many times as indicated.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 stitches and 7 rows = 4" in DC stitches
Finished SizeSmall = Wrist circumference: 5.5" - 6.25"; Finished circ.: 6.25" around, 6" length -- Medium = Wrist circumference: 6.5" - 7.25"; Finished circ.: 7.25" around, 6" in length -- Large = Wrist circumference: 7.5" - 8.25"; Finished circ.: 8.5" around, 6" in l
- Worsted weight yarn such as Red Heart Soft in White (A) and Teal (B)
- 5.5 mm (I-9) crochet hook or size needed to obtain the gauge
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Stitch marker for tracking rounds
Round 1: With A - Ch (21, 25, 29), sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across, bring ends together, sl st to join in first sc (20, 24, 28)
The pattern will now be worked in a spiral; do not join or turn your work. Use a st marker to keep track of the rounds. Work the stitches in the Back Loops only until directed otherwise.
Round 2: Sc in each st around (20, 24, 28)
Round 3 to Round 13: Repeat Round 2
Round 14: Sc in each st until 1 st remains, sl st in both loops of next st, fasten off A (20, 24, 28)
The remaining instructions are worked in joined rounds. Resume working in Both Loops of the stitches.
Round 15: With B - Ch 1 (does not count as a st), sc in first st, skip 1 st, in next st make [dc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, dc], skip 1 st, *sc in next st, skip 1 st, in next st make [dc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, dc], skip 1 st*, repeat between * to end, sl st to join in first sc
Round 16: Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 2), in same stitch make [dc, ch 2, dc], skip next dc, sc in next dc, *skip next dc, in next sc stitch make [dc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, dc], skip next dc, sc in next dc*, repeat between * to end, sl st to join in 2nd chain of beginning ch-4
Round 17: Move the starting position by slip stitching over to the next dc. Ch 1, sc in same st, skip next dc, *in next sc stitch make [dc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, dc], skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next dc*, repeat between * to end, sl st to join in first sc
Round 18: Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 2), in same stitch make [dc, ch 2, dc], skip next dc, sc in next dc, *skip next dc, in next sc stitch make [dc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, dc], skip next dc, sc in next dc*, repeat between * to end, sl st to join in 2nd chain of beginning ch-4
Round 19: Move the starting position by slip stitching over to the next dc. Ch 1, sc in same st, skip next dc, *in next sc stitch make [dc, ch 2, puff st, ch 3, dc], skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next dc*, repeat between * to end, sl st to join in first sc
Round 20: Ch 1, sc in first st, sc in next dc, *sc in ch-2 space, sc in top of puff st, sc in ch-3 space, sc in next 3 sts*, repeat between * back to start, join in first sc and fasten off (32, 36, 40)
Round 21: Join Color B in the first st of the foundation chain. Ch 1, work twisted sc in each stitch around, join in first st and fasten off (20, 24, 28)
Weave in all ends.
- Puff stitch
- *Yarn over, insert hook in stitch and pull up a loop*4 times, yarn over and pull through all loops.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Every woman deserves an Unforgettable Top Down Shawl in her closet. Begin crocheting this free crochet pattern at the center top and… Continue reading: "Unforgettable Top Down Shawlvideocam"
- Prairie Winds Crochet Fingerless Mitts
- One Skein Lace Mitts
- 50+ Cute Crochet Fingerless Gloves
- Avengers Assemble Fingerless Gloves
- Lightning Fast Fingerless Mitts
- Stylish Fall Fingerless Gloves
- Fabulous Fingerless Gloves
- Crochet Star Stitch Fingerless Gloves
- Heart-in-Hand Fingerless Gloves Pattern
- Celestial Crochet Wrist Warmers
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Shirt With Bobbles
- Striped Crochet Top
- Top Down Crochet Tee With Braids
- Lacy Crochet Cardigan
- Mosaic Crochet Pillow
- Women's Crochet Cardigan
- Pinecone Twist Headband
- Simple Crochet Pillow Cover
- Your Winter Shawl
- The Chained Arcade Shawl
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters