We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Make something useful and pretty with this Crochet Flower Dish Scrubber. Work up this crochet pattern with Red Heart Scrubby yarn, which is soft on your hands but tough on any food stuck to your dishes. Use crochet scrubbies like this one if you're afraid that other scrubbers will be too hard on your dishes, pots, and pans. The lovely flower pattern will make washing dishes pleasant so it doesn't feel like a chore. Maybe your kids will like doing the dishes more with these crochet patterns.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not critical for this project.
Find this project and many more in our new eBook, 7 DIY Christmas Gifts: Handmade Gift Ideas You'll Love. Filled with lots of great DIY gift-giving ideas, this new printable collection will help you tackle your gift list in no time! Download your own free copy today!
Finished Size: Scrubby measures 10½” (26.5) across widest petals.
- RED HEART® Scrubby™: 1 ball each:
- 12 Black = A
- 905 Cherry = B
- 709 Bubblegum = C
- 501 Ocean = D
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 6mm [US J-10]
- Yarn needle
- hdc2tog: [Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop] 2 times, yarn over and draw through all 5 loops on hook.
- Beg-Fhdc (Beginning foundation half double crochet): Yarn over, insert hook in indicated stitch and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the “chain”); yarn over and draw through 3 loops on hook (the “half double crochet”).
- Fhdc (foundation half double crochet): *Yarn over, insert hook into the “chain” of the previous stitch and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the “chain”); yarn over and draw through 3 loops on hook (the “half double crochet”). Repeat from * for each Fhdc.
- sc2tog: [Insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop] twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- sc3tog: [Insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop] 3 times, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
- Join with sc = Place a slip knot on hook, insert hook in indicated stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through both loops on hook.
- Scrubby is worked in continuous (spiral) rounds with right side facing.
- Scrubby is intended for frequent use and washing. Designer recommends tying tails together at color change to prevent unraveling.
- To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Cut old color. Work over tails to minimize weaving in.
Need more dishcloths? Find more in our collection of 28 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns!
SCRUBBY (make 3 – 1 each with A & B, A & C, and A & D)
With A, ch 3.
Round 1 (right side): Work 9 hdc in 3rd chain from hook (beginning ch counts as first hdc); join with slip st in top of beginning ch—10 hdc.
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in each hdc around; join with slip st in first hdc—20 hdc.
Round 3: Ch 1, *hdc in next hdc, 2 hdc in next hdc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first hdc—30 hdc. Fasten off.
Round 4: With right side facing, join 2nd color with sc in any hdc, sc in next 3 hdc, *Beg-Fhdc in next hdc, Fhdc 4 times, ch 3, hdc in base of each of the 5 Fhdc just made, hdc in next hdc, sc in next 4 hdc; repeat from * around to last 2 hdc, Beg-Fhdc in next hdc, Fhdc 4 times, ch 3, hdc in base of each of the 5 Fhdc just made, hdc in last hdc; join with slip st in first sc—20 sc, 25 Fhdc, 25 hdc, and 5 ch-3 spaces.
Round 5: Ch 1, *sc in next sc, sc2tog, sc in next sc, hdc in next 5 Fhdc, 4 hdc in next ch-3 space, hdc in next 5 hdc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—15 sc and 70 hdc.
Round 6: Ch 1, *sc in next 3 sc, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 hdc, 2 dc in next 6 hdc, hdc in next 2 hdc, hdc2tog; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—15 sc, 30 hdc, and 60 dc.
Round 7: Ch 1, *sc3tog, dc in next 3 hdc, dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next 6 dc, dc in next 3 dc, dc in next 3 hdc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
- A, B, and C = Color A, Color B, and Color C, etc
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.
We're giving away a Spectacular Christmas Giveaway to help celebrate the launch of our new eBook, 7 DIY Christmas Gifts. With more than $500 in prizes, this is any craft lover's dream come true! But you better hurry! This giveaway ends November 22nd! Enter today!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet