14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Claire Martin owns Horizontal Designs, and crochet and does other artisan crafts from home.
Horizontal Designs was created after Claire started selling custom crochet and jewelry pieces she had been making for friends from home while recovering from a long (really long!) hospital stay. Before Horizontal Designs, she owned a successful floral design business that was featured in national magazines and was very active in the local wedding/event industry. The design business had to shut down when Claire suddenly was hospitalized for 9 months during the pregnancy of her second child which caused a major flare up of a chronic health condition she had been living with for over a decade.
Design and art and creating beautiful and funky fun things is in Claire's blood, so when she had to adapt to her new health situation (which has thankfully improved), Claire began crocheting and creating new things from home.
Prior to her floral design business, Claire was a published research scientist studying marine biology. She loves the ocean, science, and nature, so many of her designs carry these themes. She also loves funky whimsical stuff, steampunk Victorian style, geeky things, vintage and rockabilly fashion. And pirates absolutely rule.
Claire's business is named Horizontal Designs in honor of her condition, Dysautonomia, which causes people to faint (among other things) and end up horizontal. She is luckily on the mend, but this name honors those that are still struggling with being vertical on a daily basis, it can be a very debilitating condition. She helped found and is president of a nonprofit that helps patients and educates medical professionals with her condition, Dysautonomia SOS, so partial proceeds from the awareness and charity line go to support this cause.
Patterns on AllFreeCrochet:
- Anchor Crochet Applique
- Vintage Ruffled Curtain Tie Backs
- The Dude Scarf
- Lacy Spring Evening Scarf
- One Skein Baby Bib
- Crochet and Fabric Bow Headband
- Zig Zag Watermelon Cowl
- Snazzy Baby Doll Dress
- 10-Minute Crocheted Headband
- Grand Canyon Cowl
- Twinkle Toes Toddler Slippers
- Heavenly Crochet Baby Blanket
- Lightweight Simple Sashay Scarf (no ruffles!)
- Single Skein Baby Beanie
- The Dude Hat
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Pattern of the Day
This crochet pattern will transport you back over 50 years in time! You'll go slack-jawed over the 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan… See more
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet