This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Caroline Crochet Coasters
Protect your furniture in style with this easy crochet coaster pattern!
The Caroline Crochet Coasters are perfect for protecting your furniture while adding a touch of modern crochet decor to your home. A stack of coasters also makes a thoughtful and cherished gift. While there is plenty of texture to the coasters, the stitches themselves are quite simple. The lovely texture is created by alternating half double crochets in the front loop and in the back loop. It is a simple, yet gorgeous pattern that works up quickly. Show off your love of crochet with these stylish and modern coasters you can work up in no time.
Crochet HookE/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not critical
Finished SizeApprox. 3.5” by 3.5” without fringe
- 0.17 oz of Merino Silk Cotton by Lion Brand in Boysenberry, Charcoal, and Ecru
- Large Eye Yarn Needle
- Each row starts with a half double crochet in the front loop only then alternates BLO and FLO.
- When working Row 1, alternate working into the top loop and bottom loop of the chain. This allows the stitches to sit closer together like the rest of the project.
- You can also try going down a hook size for the chain and row 1 if you don’t want to alternate the stitches as you work into the chain.
Row 1: hdc in the 2nd ch from the hook and in each ch across (see notes), turn (19)
Row 2: ch 1, *FLO hdc, BLO hdc, repeat from * across
Rows 3-12: repeat Row 2. Fasten off and weave in ends
- Cut 36 pieces of yarn approximately 3.5” and add fringe to both sides of the coaster.
- Comb out the fringe to get a more frayed look.
Read NextSimple Crochet Snowflake Coaster