Carrot Soap Cozy (or Small Gift Bag)
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"These little bags are one of my favorite things to make - they work up quickly, and are so versatile! They are excellent for using as a soap cozy (gift a homemade soap with it!), candy/favor pouch (for the Easter basket, or to give at an Easter party or Bunny themed baby shower!) or as a gift bag (gift with some Spring or Easter themed jewelry!). One of these cozies takes about 45 minutes to put together. "
NotesWeaving in ends of a tough yarn, like cotton yarn, can be hard on the fingers. Sore thumbs and frustration can be a thing of the past by simply using jewelry pliers to [carefully] help pull the tapestry needle through the work.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge16 HDC by 10 Rows = 4″
Finished Size4.13″ Wide by 5.63″ Tall to SC Edge of Last Round (6.38″ Tall from Tip of Loopy Edge)
- 65 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used Lily Sugar n Cream in Hot Orange and Mod Green
- Yarn Alternatives to Lily Sugar n Cream: Bernat’s Handicrafter, Red Heart’s Smoothie, Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran, Rico Creative Cotton Aran
- Other Recommended Yarns (with I9/5.5mm Hook): Red Heart’s Super Saver, Caron’s One Pound, Bernat’s Super Value
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Optional, Jewelry Pliers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Crochet Rectangle Tablecloth Pattern
- How To Crochet A Rectangle Granny
- Vintage Red Truck Towel Topper
- Cat Crochet Christmas Tree Ornament
- Sapphire Haze Crochet Round Doily
- Mrs. Claus Shawl Easy Crochet Pattern
- Cat Santa Hat
- Mini Crochet Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Crochet Everest Earwarmer
- Adorable Snowflake Pattern
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters