This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Hexagon Market Bag – Quick And Easy Crochet Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This easy market bag is worked with basic crochet stitches to create a quick hexagon design that you’ll love to use! The Hexagon Market Bag is worked using chain, single and double crochet stitches in joined rounds. You’ll create two hexagon motifs, joining the 2nd to the 1st one created, then add the purse handle last. You’ll join the two motifs together with a Join-As-You-Go (JAYGO) method that is easily done by replacing a chain space with a slip stitch to the joining side. If you’ve never worked this before, just follow our quick and easy video tutorial! The Hexagon Market Bag is a great pattern because: This one pattern creates the perfect size market bag that comfortably fits under the arm! Each motif is created separately, so you can get creative with the colors you use to create two different looks with one bag! Tote bags are quick and easy projects to work up! Use up yarn you already have in your stash (this is a perfect stash-buster) This project works great with cotton yarns, and plant-based fibers! But you can easily use other yarn types if you prefer. You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: joined rounds, stitch tension, gauge & size, front and back post stitches, finishing techniques & more! "
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 hexagon motif = 15” wide x 13” tall
Purse straps = 10” long (20” across)
Finished Size23" long x 16.5" wide (including straps)
YARN: Lion Brand Yarn Touch of Linen, Medium #4 (41% Cotton + 49% Linen; 3.5 oz/100 g; 197 yds/180 m): 270 yds (4.7 oz) makes 1 tote
US G6/4.00 Crochet Hook
Read NextMarina Beach Tote
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
All the monsters in your child's closet will disappear with these Hungry Shark Crochet Slippers. Despite the fact that they're shaped… Continue reading: "Hungry Shark Crochet Slippersvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Biscuit Blanket
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Goat Soup Bowl Cozy
- Lion Soup Bowl Cozy
- Bear Soup Bowl Cozy
- Butterfly Kisses Baby Frock-simple Easy Pattern
- The Modern Tote Bag
- Mini Crochet Bear
- Savvy Muse Cowl
- Savvy Muse Beanie
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters