Catona "Paper" Chain
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"While brainstorming ideas to motivate my kiddos to do their summer reading, I came up with a little crochet pattern to share with you. I wanted something visual and tangible that allows them to "count" books or minutes read--something that would show progress towards their goal. Thus, the idea of a paper chain--the kind I made in grade school as a child seemed just the ticket! But, rather than running for the paper, I ran for the yarn (of course). A crocheted chain!"
Crochet HookC/2 or 2.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeNot critical for this project.
- C (2.75mm) hook
- 19yds/17.5m of fingering mercerized cotton yarn (Scheepjes Catona used)
- 5/8"/1.6mm Buttons in colors of choice
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Even if you've never heard of spider lace crochet, you should check out this White Spider Lace Jacket. It's fun, versatile, and light… Continue reading: "White Spider Lace Jacketvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zesty Coasters
- Easy Cross Front Top
- Twist Me Pretty Top
- Solid Shell Stitch Cowl
- Bumpy Face Scrubby
- My Brother’s Beanie Tutorial
- Loopy Love
- Dainty Rose Crochet Garland Pattern
- Parent and Child Crochet Belt Bags Pattern
- Keyring Pouch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet