We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Tip-toe through the tulips in these adorable floral applique crochet baby booties. The Posy Baby Booties are a charming pair of handmade baby shoes that add the perfect pop of color to your baby's springtime outfit. The darling little flower applique adds just the right amount of cuteness without being too fussy. The Posy Baby Booties is an easy pattern that doesn't take long to complete, so crochet a few pairs and give them as gifts!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
LION BRAND® VANNA’S CHOICE® (Art. #860)
#171 Fern 1 ball (A)
or color of your choice
LION BRAND® VANNA’S CHOICE® BABY (Art. #840)
#098 Lamb 1 ball (B)
or color of your choice
- LION BRAND® crochet hook size H-8 (5 mm)
- LION BRAND® large-eyed blunt needle
- LION BRAND® stitch markers
Finished Length About 4 1/2 in. (11 cm)
17 sc = 4 in. (10 cm).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to match the gauge, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
sc2tog (sc 2 sts together) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
hdc2tog (hdc 2 sts together) Yarn over, insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over and draw through all 5 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
Booties are worked in continuous rnds. Do not join and do not turn at the end of rnds.
To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete the st. Fasten off old color.
BOOTIE (make 2):
With A, ch 13.
Note: Rnd 1 is worked along both sides of the foundation ch.
Rnd 1: Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 8 ch, hdc in next ch, 2 hdc in next ch, 4 hdc in last ch; turn and continue to work along the opposite of beg ch, 2 hdc in next ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next 8 ch, 2 sc in last ch; do not join – 30 sts at the end of this rnd. Place marker to indicate beginning of rnd. Move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 12 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 12 sts, 2 sc in last st – 34 sts.
Rnd 3: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 13 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 13 sts, 2 sc in last st – 38 sts.
Rnd 4: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 14 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 14 sts, 2 sc in last st – 42 sts.
Rnd 5: Working through back loops only, sc in each st around.
Rnds 6 and 7: Working through both loops again, sc in each st around.
Rnd 8: Sc in next 14 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 14 sts – 38 sts.
Rnd 9: Sc in next 12 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 12 sts – 34 sts.
Rnd 10: Sc in next 10 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 10 sts – 30 sts.
Rnd 11: Sc in next 9 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 9 sts – 26 sts.
Rnds 12-16: Sc in each st around. Change to B at the end of Rnd 16.
Rnd 17: With B, sc in each st around.
Rnd 18: Sl st in each st around.
Posy (make 2)
With B, ch 2, leaving a long yarn tail.
Rnd 1: 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnd 2: (Sl st, sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) in each st around. Fasten off.
With long yarn tail, sew one posy to front of each Bootie.
Weave in ends.
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- The Parker Crochet Baby Booties
- Little Miss Flower Crochet Baby Booties
- One Hour Baby Booties Pattern
- Not-Your-Average Crochet Baby Booties
- Infant Ugg Boots
- 60 Minute Mary Jane Slippers
- Ellie The Elephant Crochet Baby Booties
- Beginner Baby Bootie
- Insanely Cute Crochet Baby Booties
- Double Strapped Baby Mary Janes
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Superwash Merino Silk Yarn
- 5 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns: Christmas Wreaths
- 4 Tips for Planning a Season's Closet of Handmade Accessories
- 3 Ways to Tie a Rectangular Scarf
- Knit-Like Crochet Sweater
- Winter’s Cerise Crochet Slouch
- Colourful Flowers Baby Blanket
- Button Up Toddler Hat & Scarf Set
- Easy Crochet Leaves
- Andi Bun Hat
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet