We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Stick 'em up! There's only room for one pair of crochet baby booties in this town, and the Cowboy Booties are that special pair. These adorable booties follow a simple construction and are adorned with a darling western loop motif. The Cowboy Booties are the perfect finishing touch for baby's first Halloween, but also make a cozy, quirky, every day bootie. This crochet pattern is too cute to pass up, so make a pair for your favorite little cowboy.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
LION BRAND® VANNA’S CHOICE® (Art. #860)
#130 Honey 1 ball (A)
#123 Beige 1 ball (B)
or colors of your choice
- LION BRAND® crochet hook size H-8 (5 mm)
- LION BRAND® stitch markers
- LION BRAND® large-eyed blunt needle
Finished Length About 4 1/2 in. (11 cm)
17 sc = 4 in. (10 cm).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to match the gauge, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
sc2tog (sc 2 sts together) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
hdc2tog (hdc 2 sts together) Yarn over, insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over and draw through all 5 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
- Booties are worked in continuous rnds. Do not join and do not turn at the end of rnds.
- To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete st. Fasten off old color.
BOOTIE (make 2):
With A, ch 13.
Note: Rnd 1 is worked along both sides of the foundation ch.
Rnd 1: Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 8 ch, hdc in next ch, 2 hdc in next ch, 4 hdc in last ch; turn and continue to work along the underside of beg ch, 2 hdc in next ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next 8 ch, 2 sc in last ch; do not join – 30 sts. Place marker to indicate beginning of rnd. Move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 12 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 12 sts, 2 sc in last st – 34 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 3: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 13 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 13 sts, 2 sc in last st – 38 sts.
Rnd 4: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 14 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 14 sts, 2 sc in last st – 42 sts.
Rnd 5: Working through back loops only, sc in each st around.
Rnd 6: Resume working through both loops and sc in each st around. Change to B.
Rnd 7: With B, sc in each st around.
Rnd 8: Sc in next 14 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 14 sts – 38 sts.
Rnd 9: Sc in next 12 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 12 sts – 34 sts.
Rnd 10: Sc in next 10 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 10 sts – 30 sts.
Rnd 11: Sc in next 9 sts, sc2tog, sc in next st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog, sc in next st, sc2tog, sc in next 9 sts – 26 sts. Change to A.
Rnds 12-17: With A, sc in each st around.
Rnd 18: (Sc in next 6 sts, sk 1 st, 3 hdc in each of next 4 sts, sk 1 st, sc in next st) twice – 38 sts.
Rnd 19: Sc in each st around.
Join B with sl st in center back, and working around entire top edge of Bootie, *insert hook from RS to WS through Bootie, yarn over hook and draw up a loop, draw through loop on hook; rep from * to work edging and 3 ‘loops’, one at center front and one at center of left and right sides of Bootie or as desired. To end, remove hook from loop and take hook to WS. Insert hook from WS to RS, place loop on hook and draw loop through to WS. Cut yarn. Draw yarn tail through final loop and pull tight. Fasten off.
Repeat for second Bootie.
Weave in ends.
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
RS = right side
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
WS = wrong side
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Get all of the mystical beauty of the Northern Lights when you work up the Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarf. This gorgeous colorful… Continue reading: "Aurora Borealis Crochet Scarfvideocam"
- Lemon Drop Baby Booties
- Little Miss Flower Crochet Baby Booties
- One Hour Baby Booties Pattern
- Adorable DIY Baby Booties
- Crochet Mary Jane Baby Shoes
- Sleepy Panda Baby Booties
- 60 Minute Mary Jane Slippers
- 50+ Baby Bootie Crochet Patterns
- Ellie The Elephant Crochet Baby Booties
- The Parker Crochet Baby Booties
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- C2c Cluster Stitch Square
- Camila Crochet Cardigan
- Catalina Corner To Corner Crochet Headscarf
- Halloween Mug Rug
- 1 Hour Crochet Beanie
- Tessa Skirt
- Peeking Puff Stitch Cowl
- Crochet Waffle Stitch Tutorial
- Suzette Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Crab Stitch Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters