Bernat Crochet Dinoroar Blanket
Crochet this adorable C2C baby blanket pattern!
This might be the cutest blanket in history (and pre-history!). Just about any kiddo will love this adorable C2C dinosaur baby blanket. The charming design and fun "ROAR!!" lettering at the top are whimsical, and the finished blanket is cuddly and great for lounging. The helpful C2C chart will ensure your project turns out perfectly. Be sure to hit the "download" button to get the larger chart!
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook
Crochet Gauge7 dc and 4 rows = 4" [10 cm]. 2.5 blocks = 4" [10 cm].
Finished SizeApprox 46" [117 cm] square.
- Bernat® Baby Blanket™ 10.5 oz/300 g
- Bernat® Baby Blanket™ 220 yds/201 m
- Contrast A White (04005) 4 balls or 692 yds/633 m
- Contrast B Lemon Lime (04223) 2 balls or 313 yds/287 m
- Contrast C Mountain Mist (04826) 1 ball or 185 yds/166 m
- Size U.S. L/11 (8 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge. Tapestry needle.
- Ch 3 at beg of row counts as dc.
- When working from chart, wind small balls of colors to be used, one for each separate area of color in the design. Start new colors at appropriate points.
- To change color, work to last 2 loops on hook, yoh with new color. Pull through 2 loops on hook to complete st and proceed in new color.
- Each square on grid represents one block.
With A, ch 6. See diagram and chart on page 2.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. Turn. 1 block made.
2nd row: Ch 6. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. 1 dc in each of next 2 ch – beg block made. (Sl st. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp – block made. Turn. 2 blocks.
3rd row: Beg block. (Block in next ch-3 sp) twice. Turn. 3 blocks.
4th row: Beg block. (Block in next ch-3 sp) 3 times. Turn. 4 blocks.
5th row: Beg block. (Block in next ch-3 sp) 4 times. Turn. 5 blocks.
6th row: Beg block. (Block in next ch-3 sp) 5 times. Turn. 6 blocks.
7th row: Beg block. (Block in next ch-3 sp) 6 times. Turn. 7 blocks. Keeping cont of color changes in Chart, cont in this manner, inc 1 block each row until there are 33 blocks – 33rd row of Chart is complete.
Begin decreases: Next row: Sl st in each of first 3 dc. *Block in next ch-3 sp. Rep from * to last ch-3 sp. (Do not make a block). Turn.
Keeping cont of chart, rep last row until 1 block rem. Fasten off.
With RS facing, join B with sl st in any corner.
1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as sl st. Ch 3. *1 sc between next 2 blocks. Ch 3. Rep from * around, working (1 sc. Ch 3. 1 sc) in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Sl st in next ch-3 sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in same sp as last sl st. *3 dc in next ch-3 sp. Rep from * around, working (3 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in each corner ch-3 sp. Join with sl st to top of ch-3. Break B, join C.
3rd rnd: With C, ch 1. Working from left to right instead of right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each dc around, working 3 reverse sc in each ch-1 corner sp. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
- Sl st
- Slip stitch
- Yarn over hook
Read NextJunebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket