Shabby Chic Crochet Lace Scarf With Flowers And Ruffle
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This lacy summer scarf crochet pattern has a gorgeous flower design that is perfect for summer! The stitch is delicate and open meaning it is lightweight and comfortable as a warm weather accessory. Soft lacy ruffles trim the ends of the scarf. You can choose to make them as extravagant or simple as you want depending on your tastes. Some sewing is required for this step. This pattern also includes a step-by-step, beginner-friendly picture tutorial for crocheting the flower lace."
NotesIf creating fabric ruffles is not your thing you are welcome to only use the lace along the scarf ends. You could also potentially find an old ruffly curtain at a thrift store and cut out a section to attach to the ends of your scarf. I would not have been able to realize this design without the help of my mom. Since I make no claims to being a seamstress these directions are a bit rough. If you can hem a rectangle, baste a running stitch for the gather, and then sew all the layers together afterward that is basically what we did. You may have a much easier way of completing this process. If you do, please follow that method instead.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not especially important for this pattern.
Finished Size7' long by 7 1/2" wide when blocked
- Approximately 425-435 yards (1 skein) Caron Cotton Cakes in "Cream" or the color of your choice
- 5mm (H) hook, for flower lace section
- 4mm (G) hook for scarf ends
- Yarn needle
- 1/2 yard of 4” Ivory Ruffled Lace Trim (for ruffle)
- 1/2 yard Gauze fabric in "Cream" (for ruffle)
- 1/2 yard Chiffon in "Ivory" (for ruffle)
- 1 package of 7/8" Bias tape in "Ivory" (for ruffle)
- Sewing machine (for ruffle)
- Rotary cutter (for ruffle)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghan is the ultimate crochet pattern for beginners. This crochet afghan is so easy, quick and fun to work… Continue reading: "Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghanvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Mesh Crochet Sunflower Hat
- DIY Crochet Fringe
- Crochet Father Christmas Figure
- Crochet Christmas Wreath
- Easy 2 Row Crochet Snowflake Or Star
- The Perfect Crochet Mittens For Beginners
- Puff Stitch Slouchy Hat
- Quotidian Crochet Satchel
- Rainbow Hearts Pouch
- Chevron Stripes Pouch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters