Ruffle Colors Scarf
This beautiful Ruffle Colors Scarf is a great crochet scarf pattern to add to your collection. It's quick to work up and also makes a great last-minute gift idea for a friend. Use variegated yarn to recreate the multicolored look shown here. The pattern includes instructions on how to complete this pattern if you'd like the curls of the scarf to be symmetrical.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Lion Brand® Amazing® (Art. #825) Yarn – Ruby (4 Balls) or Color of Choice
- Lion Brand® Crochet Hook, Size J-10 (6mm)
- Lion Brand® Blunt Needle, Large-eyed
- Cardboard (3" Piece)
1. If you would like the curls of Scarf to be symmetrical, work Scarf in two halves as follows: For each half, ch 90, then work Rows 1-4 as for Scarf.
2. Sew halves together so that each half curls away from the center back.
3. Continue with Finishing as for one-piece Scarf.
Row 1: Work 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in same sp, 2 dc in each st across.
Row 3: Ch 3, turn, dc in same sp, dc in next st, *2 dc in next st, dc in next st; rep from * across.
Row 4: Ch 2 (does not count as st), turn, *hdc in each of next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st; rep from * across.
Wrap yarn around cardboard 40 times. Cut a piece of yarn 10" (25.5cm) long and thread doubled onto large-eyed blunt needle. Insert needle under all strands at upper edge of cardboard. Pull tightly and knot securely. Cut yarn loops at lower edge of cardboard. Cut another piece of yarn and wrap tightly around loops 1-1/2" (4cm) below top knot to form Tassel neck. Knot securely; thread ends onto needle and weave ends to center of Tassel. Tie a Tassel to each end of Scarf. Trim Tassel ends evenly.
Weave in ends.
Read NextStashbusting Lace Scarf