Crochet Lemon Stress Ball
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
If you need a bit of stress relief in your life (and who doesn't?), then the Crochet Lemon Stress Ball is just what you need. Not only will you instantly feel more relaxed as you work up this free crochet pattern, but you can also continue to squeeze away stress once you've completed the pattern. Just a little bit of worsted weight yarn and some stuffing is used to complete this free pattern. It's pretty easy to crochet, too, so you can make one to keep at home and another one to keep at the office!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Green worsted weight yarn, like Red Heart Super Saver in Spring Green– approx. 1 yard (91.4 cm)
- Yellow worsted weight yarn, like Red Heart Super Saver in Bright Yellow–approx. 26 yards (24 meters)
- H8/5.0mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Polyfil stuffing
Approx. 4.5 in. (11.4 cm) long and 2.5 in. (6.4 cm) wide
15 sc x 18 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) x 4 in. (10 cm)
ch(s) = chain(s)
dec = decrease
FLO = front loop only
in = inch(es)
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sc2tog = single crochet two together
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
YO = yarn over
( ) = work instructions within parentheses as many times as directed
[ ] = repeat everything in the brackets the number of times indicated
- When decreasing in this pattern, I would suggest the invisible decrease. With the Right Side of your work on the outside of the Lemon, insert hook into FLO of next st, then insert hook into FLO of following st, [YO and pull through 2 loops] 2 times.
- This pattern calls for Polyfil to stuff the lemon, but you can use some other stress-relieving options such as:
- Cut the leg off a pair of pantyhose. Insert the toe into your nearly completed Lemon at around Rnd 18 and use a funnel to fill the pantyhose with Poly beads until you are happy with the feel of the Lemon. Tie off the pantyhose to close the opening and trim any extra pantyhose. Finishing crocheting the Lemon.
- Blow up a water balloon to stretch it out. Then insert it into your nearly completed Lemon at around Rnd 18 and use a funnel to fill the balloon with sand or corn starch. Tie off the balloon when you are happy with the feel of the Lemon and finish crocheting the Lemon.
With Green ch 3 and sl st to 1st ch to form ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, work 6 sc into ring. Don’t join rnds and continue to work in a spiral – 6 sts. Fasten off Green. Join Yellow.
Rnd 2: Sc in each sc around – 6 sts.
Rnd 3: (2 sc in next st, sc in next sc) 3 times – 9 sts.
Rnd 4: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 5: 2 sc in each sc around – 18 sts.
Rnd 6: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next two sc) 6 times – 24 sts.
Rnd 7: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 8: (2 sc in next st, sc in next 5 sc) 4 times – 28 sts.
Rnd 9 -15: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 16: (Sc2tog, sc in next 5 sc) 4 times – 24 sts.
Rnd 17: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 18: (Sc2tog, sc in next 2 sc) 6 times – 18 sts.
Note: Begin stuffing the Lemon firmly and continue to stuff a little more as you finish the rest of the pattern.
Rnd 19: Sc2tog around – 9 sts.
Rnd 20: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 21: (Sc2tog, sc in next sc) 3 times – 6 sts.
Rnd 22: Sc2tog 4 times. Sl st into next st and leave last st unworked – 6 sts.
Fasten off yarn and weave tail through remaining 6 sts, pull to close and weave in ends.
Free Crochet Video: Stitch Away Stress - watch it below!
Don't forget to show off your lovely lemon when you’re done! Post a pic of it along with the hashtag #StitchAwayStress and #lemonstressball on social media!
Plus, learn more about the health benefits of yarn crafts and the habits of your fellow crocheters with this downloadable PDF infographic.
Read NextMini Crochet Star Applique
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Never worry about messing up your hair when you put on this Over Easy Cowl Neck Pullover. The cowl neck makes the head hole of this… Continue reading: "Over Easy Cowl Neck Pullovervideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Biscuit Blanket
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Goat Soup Bowl Cozy
- Lion Soup Bowl Cozy
- Bear Soup Bowl Cozy
- Butterfly Kisses Baby Frock-simple Easy Pattern
- The Modern Tote Bag
- Mini Crochet Bear
- Savvy Muse Cowl
- Savvy Muse Beanie
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters