This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Simple Shells Washcloth: Quick & Easy Textured Stitch Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The Simple Shells Washcloth is made with alternating rows of solid stitches and groups of shells, creating a pretty surface for scrubbing anything you need in the bath and kitchen! This washcloth is worked in rows using chains and double crochet stitches. You can easily customize the stitch repeat in multiples of 5+2 (+2 for the turning chain), then work any odd multiple of rows. While you don’t see the term “shell” in the specialty stitch and technique section of this pattern, the group of five double crochet stitches worked into one place is a shell. Either way of writing the instruction is correct, and we hope beginners enjoy the simplicity in this version (the stitch chart should help, too). THIS IS A GREAT PATTERN BECAUSE: Washcloths are fun projects to learn new crochet stitches (especially when you follow our crochet chart with the written instructions)! You can use these in the bath or kitchen (plus, they make great gifts)! This project works great with cotton yarns (just one skein or less)! You’ll get to practice a lot of crochet skills: rows, stitch tension, stitch counting and recognition, shells (5 double crochet stitches into 1 space) , borders, gauge & size, finishing techniques & more!"
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge15 pattern sts = 4”
8 pattern rows = 4”
Finished Size7.25” wide x 6.5” tall
Peaches & Creme Stripey, Worsted #4 yarn (100% Cotton; 102 yds/93 m per 2 oz/56.7 g skein): Denim (1 skein)
US H/8 (5.00 mm) Hook
Read NextPuffy Rib Tea Cosy
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Organizing and decorating has never been as easy as it is now. These Mega Bulky Crochet Baskets are not only considered beginner… Continue reading: "Mega Bulky Crochet Basketsvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Crochet Flower
- Rainbow Purse
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Pretty 3d Crochet Butterflies Patterns You Will Love
- Lace Crochet Skirt
- Stained Glass Mosaic Crochet Washcloth
- Crochet Serape Poncho
- Camellia Washcloth
- 2 Layer Crochet Flowers
- Flower Granny Square
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters