Granny's Scrappy Placemat
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"My Granny’s series features one round granny squares. This makes it really great for using up those tiny bits of yarn in your stash. If you don’t need a placemat, use it as a larger doily. You'll need 282 yards of worsted weight yarn. As a placemat, I recommend cotton since it's more durable, but as a doily, acrylic works too. I used Lily Sugar n Cream for my placemat. Alternatively, I recommend WeCrochet Dishie (cotton) or Red Heart Super Saver (acrylic). I have included instructions to make a variety of sizes depending on your preference. This placemat took me about 8.25 hours to complete."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 Round Granny Square = 1.88", or 16 HDC by 10 Rows = 4"
Finished SizeOne Size
- 282 Yards of Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn – I used Lily Sugar n Cream in Red (21 Yards), Royal (21 Yards) and White (240 Yards)
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Phoebe is a lightweight poncho that is perfect to dress up your summer wardrobe. It is quick and easy to make, so its a great beginner… Continue reading: "Phoebe Asymmetrical Ponchovideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters