We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Decorate either side of your door with this Hanging Halloween Spiderweb Wreath crochet pattern. Both the web and the spider are easy to crochet so that you can have the most stylish Halloween decoration ideas on the block. Whether you're just getting ready for trick-or-treaters or you're decorating for a party, this easy Halloween craft is a great way to add a little spook without too much scare. Use both worsted and super bulky weight yarn to achieve the look of this Halloween wreath crochet pattern.
Crochet HookC/2 or 2.75 mm hook, F/5 or 3.75 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Red Heart Super Saver: A: Black (1 skein)
- Red Heart Boutique Sashay Team Spirit: B: Orange/Black (1 ball)
- Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread: C: Pumpkin (Size 10, 1 ball)
- Susan Bates Crochet Hooks (C/2, 2.75 mm; F/5, 3.75 mm; J/10, 6 mm)
- 12" (30 cm) straw wreath
- Phoomph fabric bonding sheets
- 2 Stiff sheets in any color
- 11" (28 cm) diameter circle of purple cotton fabric
- Glue Gun
- Yarn Needle
Gauge is not important for this project.
Sc2tog: single crochet next two stitches together
Row 1: Using 6mm hook and B, leaving 5” (13 cm) length, working in every other yarn loop, ch 148, turn.
Row 2: Slip st in 2nd ch from hook and in each remaining ch across. Fasten off.
Using A, wrap wreath tightly and evenly.
Secure ends on back of Wreath.
With 2.75mm hook and 2 strands C held together, ch 4, join with slip st in first ch to form ring.
Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), work 11 dc in ring, join with slip st in top of beginning ch-3—12 dc.
Round 2: Ch 5, dc in next dc, ch 2, *dc in next dc, ch 2, repeat from * around, join with slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-5.
Round 3: Ch 6, dc in next dc, ch 3, *dc in next dc, ch 3, repeat from * around, join with slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-6.
Round 4: Ch 9, tr in next dc, ch 5, *tr in next dc, ch 5, repeat from * around, join with slip st in 4th ch of beginning ch-9.
Round 5: Ch 11, tr in next tr, ch 7, *tr in next tr, ch 7, repeat from * around, join with slip st in 4th ch of beginning ch-7.
Round 6: *Ch 20, slip st in 2nd ch from hook and each remaining ch, slip st in next 7 chs in previous round, slip st in next tr, repeat from * around, join with slip st in first slip st.
With A and 3.75mm hook, ch 2.
Round 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook—6 sc.
Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around—12 sc.
Round 3: Working in front loops only, sc in next 2 sc, *[ch 5, slip st in 2nd ch from hook and next 3 chs, slip st in last sc made], sc in next sc,* repeat between * 4 times, sc in next 2 sc, repeat between * 4 times.
Round 4: Working in back loops of round 2, [sc2tog in next 2 sc] around—6 sc. Fasten off.
With A, ch 2.
Round 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook—6 sc.
Round 2: [Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc] around—8 sc.
Round 3: Sc in each sc around. Leaving long end, fasten off. Using long end, gather sts and sew Head to Body as shown in photo. With C Embroider eyes using french knots.
Cut one 9” (22 cm) diameter circle from each sheet of Phoomph. Place fabric right side down on a hard surface. Remove paper from one side of one circle of Phoomph. Center Phoomph circle exposed side down over fabric and apply pressure to adhere Phoomph to fabric. Remove paper from opposite side of Phoomph circle. Fold remaining material around Phoomph circle and apply pressure to adhere. Place Web on hard surface and center covered circle over Web. Pull long ends of Web to back of circle and apply pressure to adhere to unused area of Phoomph. Remove paper from one side of remaining circle of Phoomph.With exposed side down, center over fabric-covered circle and apply pressure to adhere circles together. Do not remove the paper from the remaining side.
Place circles at back of Wreath and adhere to Wreath using glue gun.
Placing slip st side of ruffle against Wreath, glue ruffle around back of Wreath close to edge of Phoomph.
With 2.75mm hook and 2 strands of C held together, ch 38. Fasten off. Join ch to spider and secure to back of Wreath.
Wreath Hanging Loop
With 3.75mm hook and A, ch 20, join with slip st in first ch, slip st in each remaining ch around. Leaving long end, fasten off.
Using long end, sew Hanging Loop securely to top of Wreath.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
You'll feel cozy and safe every time you wear this Oversized Crochet Shawl. This large crochet shawl measures approximately 80 inches… Continue reading: "Oversized Crochet Shawlvideocam"
- Your Highness Adult Crown
- 18+ Crochet Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Baby Monster Crochet Amigurumi
- Rapunzel Braid Wig
- Find Your Crochet Pattern for Halloween Costumes
- 190 Patterns to Crochet for Halloween: The Ultimate Collection
- Coolest Pirate Afghan Ever
- Newborn Turtle Costume
- 31 Crochet Witch Patterns: Hats, Decor, and More
- Super Ghoster Coasters
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet