Simple Stripes Tote Bag
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Bags are my favorite thing to design and make. They are just so fun and functional! For moms on the go in particular, we need a bag to put our own purse in, as well as snacks, a water bottle, maybe a coloring pad and crayons. No worries, mom, this bag will fit all that! It measures 14″ by 12″ and has a generously sized shoulder strap, measuring 2-1/2″ wide. Perhaps one of my favorite thing about crocheting up a bag, is when you are a little ways done with it, you have a place for your ball(s) of yarn! Cotton yarn makes a really sturdy, easy to wash bag, and is fairly inexpensive. This project is also a great way to use your “economical” (perhaps a little bit scratchy) acrylic yarn. This is a fairly simple, easy to work up bag, so it's accessible to crocheters of all levels. Happy hooking!"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge7 stitches and 4 rows in 2" double crochet
Finished Size14" by 12", 4" wide at bottom
- Approx. 300 yards worsted weight yarn for color A"
- Approx. 30 yards worsted weight yarn of each color "B", "C", "D"
- Size G hook for bag
- Size J hook for drawstring
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
This slouch is a simple pattern that allows the beauty of this yarn to show through. The yarn is Red Heart Unforgettable Waves and I… Continue reading: "Waves of Warmth Slouchvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Men's Crochet Ribbed Bandana Scarf
- 6 Weeks Of Summer Shawl
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Crochet Eta Baby Blanket
- Sweet And Simple Crochet Handbag
- Shell Stitch Baby Blanket
- Modern Double Thick Crochet Potholders
- Easy Breezy Crochet Cardigan
- Sea Life C2c Throw
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters