Simple Stripes Tote Bag
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Bags are my favorite thing to design and make. They are just so fun and functional! For moms on the go in particular, we need a bag to put our own purse in, as well as snacks, a water bottle, maybe a coloring pad and crayons. No worries, mom, this bag will fit all that! It measures 14″ by 12″ and has a generously sized shoulder strap, measuring 2-1/2″ wide. Perhaps one of my favorite thing about crocheting up a bag, is when you are a little ways done with it, you have a place for your ball(s) of yarn! Cotton yarn makes a really sturdy, easy to wash bag, and is fairly inexpensive. This project is also a great way to use your “economical” (perhaps a little bit scratchy) acrylic yarn. This is a fairly simple, easy to work up bag, so it's accessible to crocheters of all levels. Happy hooking!"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge7 stitches and 4 rows in 2" double crochet
Finished Size14" by 12", 4" wide at bottom
- Approx. 300 yards worsted weight yarn for color A"
- Approx. 30 yards worsted weight yarn of each color "B", "C", "D"
- Size G hook for bag
- Size J hook for drawstring
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The delightfully easy Wrapped with Love Crochet Hat pattern is the perfect gift to make for anyone in your family. This pattern comes… Continue reading: "Wrapped with Love Crochet Hatvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Granny Stripe Heart Cushion Cover
- Granny Stripe Heart Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Buffalo Plaid Wristlet
- Bits And Bobbles Tote
- Winter Blooms Cowl
- Newport Oversized Cardigan
- Catalina Tank Top
- Norwalk Pony Tail Key Hole Hat
- Sedona Poncho
- Montana Poncho
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet