Betty The Gardening Bee
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Spring time! Betty bee is gardening, mindfully watering her precious flowers with love and good vibes for the future pollen collection. Garderning is believing in tomorrow. Bees are hope for tomorrow's world. A super joyful amigurumi pattern to make when come Spring and Summer, accessible to beginners + to intermediate crochet lovers. Detailed pattern with step by step pictures. The Bee itself is worked only with single crochet, which makes it a great project for beginners. The flowers and leaves have more complex stitches such as dc, hdc, tr (but remain accessible!). "
NotesI hope you'll enjoy this pattern, if you have any question I'm glad to help, just send me an email, you'll find an address in the contact page of my blog.
I’d be really happy to see your finished Betty bee ! Tag me on Instagram, you can find me as @octopuscrochetdesign and use the hashtag #octopuscrochetdesign
I look forward to seeing it!
Crochet HookC/2 or 2.75 mm hook, E/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeWith the above material: 5-round circle = 5cm (2″). Find out how to measure gauge for amigurumis on my blog tutorial.
Finished SizeWith the material mentioned and when gauge is achieved: •The bee is 20cm tall (7.8″) from the feet to the top of the antennae
- #4 / aran / worsted yarn, 8ply, 80% cotton 20% Milk Fiber, in white, black, yellow, straw, forest green and brown (I use a local shop yarn, an equivalent would be Paintbox Cotton Aran but keep the 3.5mm hook to obtain tight stitches and avoid gaps where the fiberfill shows)
- DMC Happy Cotton: shades 775 (black) for the arms, legs and antennae, shade 796 (light blue) for the watering can, 764 (pink) and 791 (dark red) for the flowers, 780 (green) for the leafs. This yarn is a #3 /DK-light 100% cotton, and use the 2.5mm hook
A small piece of pink (or coral / orange) embroidery thread (or ply from a thicker yarn) to embroider a flower on the gardening apron.
- Tapestry needle
- A pair of 8mm safety eyes
- A small decorative flower pot of 5cm (2″) diameter at the top.
- All material described on the blog
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie has got to be one of the best crochet baby blanket patterns you can find. It's the perfect size… Continue reading: "The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankievideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters