How To Crochet A Granny Square
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The granny square is the easiest crochet square out there and should be one of the first things a beginner should learn. It sets the start for more intricate patterns and designs. You can crochet a few rows and stop to form classic granny squares which are joined together, or you can continue with the rounds of clusters to make your granny square as big as you like (and even turn it into a one-piece blanket). How do you crochet a granny square? A granny square is crocheted in the round and it’s constructed with clusters of 3 double crochet stitches evenly spaced out to form a square shape. This granny square tutorial was designed for absolute beginners with step by step instructions and a video tutorial for those who learn better from watching how it’s done. "
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Pattern of the Day
"Dishcloths made using the v-stitch." Continue reading: "Summer Breeze Dishclothvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Willa Crochet Cardigan
- Paw Print Christmas Ornament
- Better Together Slouchy
- Reusable Crochet Flower Face Scrubbies
- Heather Berry Cowl
- Sage & Blush Wall Hanging
- Softly Velvet Ribbon
- Big Block Baby Blanket
- Charming Baby Booties
- Watermelon Baby Booties
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters