Gilal Diamond Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The Gilal Diamond Throw is a beginner friendly Tunisian crochet throw that takes your living space from nice to wow! It can be crocheted quickly thanks to using two strands of worsted/aran weight yarn at once and 9 mm Tunisian crochet hook. It features simple and stylish ribbing and large and small diamonds patterns. These are made using stranded colourwork that is a great skill to develop, which can be used for many future projects from home décor to garments. "
NotesThe Throw is worked flat, RS facing from right to left.
The yarn is held double throughout the project.
The chart is worked flat.
Both Diamond patterns are crocheted using stranded colourwork; the background colour is carried over and wrapped around the pattern colour every 2-3 stitches to avoid loose floats. It is important to keep the passive yarn taut but not too tight to avoid distorting of Diamond patterns.
The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP.
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge10 sts x 8 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over tss
Finished Size101 cm x 151.25 cm (approx. 40.5 x 60.5 in)
- Women’s Institute Soft and Smooth Aran (available exclusively from Hobbycraft) (100% Acrylic | Aran | 400 g (14.1 oz) = 660 m (722 yds)), Light Teal (MC) 4 skeins (approx. 1500 g), Teal (CC) 1 skein (approx. 130 g)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 9 mm (US size M/N-13) with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Phoebe is a lightweight poncho that is perfect to dress up your summer wardrobe. It is quick and easy to make, so its a great beginner… Continue reading: "Phoebe Asymmetrical Ponchovideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters