This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
Gilal Diamond Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The Gilal Diamond Throw is a beginner friendly Tunisian crochet throw that takes your living space from nice to wow! It can be crocheted quickly thanks to using two strands of worsted/aran weight yarn at once and 9 mm Tunisian crochet hook. It features simple and stylish ribbing and large and small diamonds patterns. These are made using stranded colourwork that is a great skill to develop, which can be used for many future projects from home décor to garments. "
NotesThe Throw is worked flat, RS facing from right to left.
The yarn is held double throughout the project.
The chart is worked flat.
Both Diamond patterns are crocheted using stranded colourwork; the background colour is carried over and wrapped around the pattern colour every 2-3 stitches to avoid loose floats. It is important to keep the passive yarn taut but not too tight to avoid distorting of Diamond patterns.
The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP.
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge10 sts x 8 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over tss
Finished Size101 cm x 151.25 cm (approx. 40.5 x 60.5 in)
- Women’s Institute Soft and Smooth Aran (available exclusively from Hobbycraft) (100% Acrylic | Aran | 400 g (14.1 oz) = 660 m (722 yds)), Light Teal (MC) 4 skeins (approx. 1500 g), Teal (CC) 1 skein (approx. 130 g)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 9 mm (US size M/N-13) with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Read NextSunflower Granny Square
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Simple, sweet, different, and unique, this crochet washcloth has fantastic texture and looks decorative sitting by your sink. This… Continue reading: "Circle Point Crochet Washclothvideocam"
- Sunflower Granny Square
- Relaxing Rainbow Crochet Blanket
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Sand Dollar Dream Afghan
- Medley Blanket: Easy Openwork Crochet Pattern
- Sunflower Sunburst Granny Square
- Brainless Wonder Baby Afghan
- One Ball Mini Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Baby Flip Flop Summer Sandals/baby Daisy Flowers Sandals Pattern
- Easy Chenille Baby Blanket
- Suzette Stitch Chenille Baby Blanket
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Arrow Blanket
- Steampunk Baby Outfit
- Diana Basket
- Goddess Crop Top
- Trevor Triceratops
- Color Fusion Scarf
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters