Basic Hat with Earflaps
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Everyone needs one reliable pattern to make a hat with or without earflaps. Once you have that pattern then the opportunities are endless with what you can make. Add stripes, flowers, appliques and so much more. I am now offering my “go to” pattern for free. The basic hat pattern is made in worsted weight yarn and crochet hook K to make a soft and stretchy hat. The pattern includes sizes from newborn up to adult, with or without earflaps and instructions for easy earflap ties."
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugePlease check gauge for appropriate sizing, change hook to correct size to obtain gauge.
With Hook K: 9 rows with 12 hdc = 4 inches square
- Worsted Weight Yarn of your choice
- Crochet Hook K (6.5 mm)
- Yarn Needle
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Mickey and Minnie Inspired Heart Appliques
- Crochet Mini Bows
- Crochet Geometric Crop Top
- Crochet Mesh Loop Triangle Scarf
- Crochet Hungry Monster Candy Bag
- Fall Harvest Coaster Set
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- Criss-Cross Chunky Crochet Beanie
- Just Peachy Baby Cocoon
- The Kristie Cardi
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet