This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Norman Buttons the Snowman Pillow
If you want to turn your living room into a veritable winter wonderland, then you need this free crochet snowman pillow! As soft and as cool as snow, this crochet pillow is guaranteed to put a smile on the whole family's face. Button eyes and mouths make these snowmen pillows a decorative and jolly way to brighten up a room.
From the blogger: "Bring some cheer inside on a cold day with this classic snowman pillow."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished SizeFits a 12” (30.5 cm) square pillow form
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 311 White (CA), 334 Buff (CB), 256 Carrot (CC), and 312 Black (CD), or approximately 40 yd (36.5 m) in CA, 225 yd (206 m) in CB, 15 yd (14 m) in CC, and 40 yd (36.5 m) in CD in any medium weight yarn
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge
- Yarn or tapestry needle with eye small enough to sew through buttons
- Sew-through or shank buttons: 0.75” (2 cm) buttons – 6 for smile, 1.5” (4 cm) buttons – 2 for eyes, and 0.875” (2.5 cm) buttons – 2 for back closure
- Fairfield Crafter’s Choice 12” x 12” Basic Pillow Form
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn
Read NextCrochet Plaid Tree Blanket
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 27, 2018
This is an adorable pillow, and the best thing is that it has a flap in the back so you can take out the pillow form if necessary. I dont know about your house, but pillows at mine tend to get claimed by small children with invariably sticky fingers. I wouldnt toss Norman into the laundry, but he certainly could stand up to a hand washing. Dry flat although you might still need to reblock him.
Nov 24, 2018
I think that if you do not want to snooze or relax on plastic buttons and have that uncomfortable feeling- why not switch it up with felt "buttons"? The bonus is that it does not require any sewing, just a dab of hot glue I would think. He is cute! A great way to lighten up your holiday decor is with this novelty toss pillows, like this one or the sleepy santa. A fun project if you want to change up your crochet repretoire.
Nov 27, 2018
Great idea about the buttons. I'd have to go buy some because I don't keep any that size. I like the felt idea better.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crocheters! Right now!
- Get free crochet patterns, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use