We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Get ready for the most comfortable item you can wear around the house and out to run errands. You want to wear this Lounge Around Crochet Shawl from Lion Brand all the time. It's soft and even has pockets so that you can carry little things you might otherwise lose. We love the effects of the multicolored yarn that the pattern recommends. You will truly work up a unique shawl for yourself or even as a gift for a friend or family member. Anyone would love a comfy shawl like this one.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge8 sts + 9 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) in sc.
8 sts + 6 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) in (sc, dc) pattern. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. The needle or hook size called for in the pattern is based on what the designer used, but it is not unusual for gauge to vary from person to person. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make your swatch, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Finished Size9 x 58 in
- Lion Brand 790-322 Homespun Yarn: Baroque - 2 balls
- Lion Brand 790-411 Homespun Yarn: Mixed Berries - 1 ball
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size N-15 (9 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
- FPdc (front post double crochet) Yarn over, insert hook from front to back then to front again, around post of st, draw up a loop, (yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice.
- BPdc (back post double crochet) Yarn over, insert hook from back to front then to back again, around post of st, draw up a loop, (yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice.
- sc2tog (sc decrease) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook.
With A, ch 19.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 18 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in first 2 sts, ch 3, (sc in next 2 sts, ch 3) 7 times, sc in last 2 sts – 18 sc and 8 ch-3 loops.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across, skipping the ch-3 loops.
Row 4: Ch 1, turn, *sc in next st, dc in next st; rep from * across.
Rep last row until piece measures 68 in. (172.5 cm) from beginning.
Next 2 Rows: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across.
Last 2 Rows: Rep Rows 2 and 3.
Fold short ends up 6 in. (15 cm) to form pockets, push ch-3 loops to right side. Pin in place.
From right side, beginning at top corner of one pocket, join B with sl st, *working through both thicknesses, work 13 sc along side of pocket to next corner, work 3 sc in corner, 16 sc along lower edge of pocket, 3 sc in next corner, 13 sc along side of pocket; work 89 sc along side of Shawl to top corner of second pocket; rep from * to finish second pocket and opposite side of Shawl; join with sl st in first sc. Do not fasten off.
This shawl would be a great layer for any fall outfit. You can find more in our collection of 8 Crochet Shawl Patterns for Fall.
Note: Collar is worked in rows across last 89 sts and with B only.
Row 1: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, dc in next 87 sts, sc in last st – 89 sts.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, *FPdc around next st, BPdc around next st; rep from * across to last 3 sts, FPdc around next st, sc2tog – 87 sts.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, skip first st, sc2tog, *BPdc around next st, FPdc around next st; rep from * across to last 2 sts, sc2tog – 84 sts.
Row 4: Ch 1, turn, skip first st, sc2tog, *BPdc around next st, FPdc around next st; rep from * across to last 3 sts, BPdc around next st, sc2tog – 81 sts.
Row 5: Ch 1, turn, skip first st, sc2tog, *FPdc around next st, BPdc around next st; rep from * across to last 2 sts, sc2tog – 78 sts.
Row 6: Ch 1, turn, skip first sc, sc2tog, *FPdc around next st, BPdc around next st; rep from * across to last 3 sts, FPdc around next st, sc2tog – 75 sts.
Row 7: Rep Row 3 – 72 sts. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
- ch(s) = chain(s)
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat(s)(ing)
- sc = single crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- st(s) = stitch(es)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Phoebe is a lightweight poncho that is perfect to dress up your summer wardrobe. It is quick and easy to make, so its a great beginner… Continue reading: "Phoebe Asymmetrical Ponchovideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Twilight Skies Motif Yoke Crochet Vest Pattern
- The Skittles Poncho
- Soft & Snuggly Mini-shawl
- “lily Garden” Crochet Hat Pattern Topped With A Flower
- Flower Blossoms Crochet Face Scrubbies Pattern
- Desert Rose 12" Afghan Square
- Crochet Yarn Lei
- Navajo Inside Diamond Afghan
- Free Crochet Granny Stripe Hat Pattern + Tutorial
- "Magic Scarf" Convertible Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet