We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The Helen Shawl is a great accessory for transitioning weather, light enough to throw on during autumn /spring mornings for that extra layer to keep the cold away. The shawl is made in Tunisian crochet with four different stitch patterns and various techniques, including the very popular Honeycomb stitch and two types of lace. This project is engaging and step up for any beginner that wants to move beyond Tunisian simple stitch worked in regular shapes. The yarn for this project is a fantastic blend of cotton and acrylic available in multitude of colours that results on fantastic stitch definition."
NotesThis shawl is crocheted with RS facing throughout. Increases are made in the first stitch on every row by working Tunisian simple stitch in the first vertical bar (which is normally missed).
Take care not to miss the first stitch after the increase stitch, as this tends to hide under the increase stitch.
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge: 17 sts x 14 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over st pattern
Finished SizeThe final shawl measurements (blocked): 139 x 114 x 177 cm (54.75 x 45 x 68.75 in)
- Scheepjes River Washed (78% Cotton, 22% Acrylic | Sport/Baby | 50 g (1.8 oz) = 130 m (142 yds), Mersey (#961) 9 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 4.5 mm with cable (at least 100 cm (39.5 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters