We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Wrap yourself up in the Classic Country Wrap for instant comfort. This cozy crochet shawl pattern is a perfect layering piece for the cold weather. Worked up in bulky weight yarn using a variety of crochet stitches, it's a wonderfully warm item to have in your closet. This intermediate crochet pattern features beautiful cluster stitches that adds alluring visual appeal. It's a figure-flattering design that will look great on women of all shapes and sizes.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- Caron International's Dazzleaire (80% Acrylic, 20% Nylon; 3 oz/85g): 7 oz (A), 5 oz (B), 5 oz (C), 5 oz (D)
Shown in: #0008 Pinot Noir (A); #0002 Fern (B); #0001 Summer Rose (C); #0003 Thistle (D)
- One size US K-10.5 (6.5mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge.
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
First rectangle measures approximately 20 1/2"/52cm wide by 40"/101.5cm long, not including trim;
Second rectangle approximately 20 1/2"/52cm wide by 22 1/2"/57cm long, not including trim.
In pattern, 11 sts and 8 rows = 4"/10cm.
Cluster (worked over 5 sts)—First leg: [Yarn over] twice, insert hook from front to back to front again around post of indicated stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice (2 loops remain on hook); 2nd leg: skip next 3 stitches, [yarn over] twice, insert hook from front to back to front again around post of next stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice (3 loops remain on hook), yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook. Skip the stitch in the current row behind the cluster. Note: Clusters are worked around the first and last double crochet of a 5-dc group 2 rows below the current row (the row being worked).
1. Wrap is made from two rectangles. The first rectangle forms the back and one side of the wrap. The 2nd rectangle forms the other side of the wrap. After the first rectangle is worked, work on the 2nd rectangle begins by working stitches across one half of one long edge of the first rectangle.
2. To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over; yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Fasten off old color. Work over ends as work proceeds, to reduce number of ends to weave in when finishing.
- With A, ch 57.
- Row 1 (WS): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 5 ch, *ch 2, sk next 2 ch, sc in next 5 ch; repeat from * across to last ch, sc in last ch, turn— 7 ch-2 sps.
- Row 2 (RS): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), sk first sc, dc in next 5 sc (5-dc group made), *ch 2, sk next ch-2 sp, dc in next 5 sc (5-dc group made); repeat from * to last sc, dc in last sc, turn—Eight 5-dc groups.
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first 6 dc, *ch 2, sk next ch-2 sp, sc in next 5 dc; repeat from * across to last dc, sc in last dc (top of turning ch) and change to B, turn. Fasten off A.
- Row 4: With B, ch 3, sk first sc, *dc in next 2 sc, work cluster placing first leg in first dc and 2nd leg in last dc of 5-dc group 2 rows below (skipping 3 middle dc of the 5-dc group), dc in next 2 sc **, ch 2, sk next ch-2 sp; repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, dc in last sc, turn—8 clusters.
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first 6 sts, *ch 2, sk next ch-2 sp, sc in next 5 sts; repeat from * across to last dc, sc in last dc and change to C, turn.
- Fasten off B.
- Rows 6 and 7: With C, repeat Rows 4 and 5, change to D in last sc of Row 7. Fasten off C.
- Rows 8 and 9: With D, repeat Rows 4 and 5, change to A in last sc of Row 9. Fasten off D.
- Rows 10 and 11: With A, repeat Rows 4 and 5, change to B in last sc of Row 11. Fasten off A.
- Rows 12–75: Repeat Rows 4–11 eight times, do not change to B in last sc of Row 75. Fasten off A.
- With RS facing, place a marker in the end of Row 38 of first rectangle.
- With WS facing, join A with sl st in beginning of Row 1.
- Row 1 (WS): With A, ch 1, working in ends of rows, work 56 sc evenly spaced between end of Row 1 and marker, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3, sk first sc, *dc in next 5 sc, ch 2, sk next 2 sc; repeat from * to last 6 sc, dc in next 5 sc (5-dc group made), dc in last sc, turn—7 ch-2 sps.
- Rows 3–11: Work Rows 3–11 of first rectangle.
- Rows 12–43: Repeat Rows 4–11 of first rectangle four times, do not change to B in last sc of Row 43. Fasten off A.
- With RS facing, join A with sl st anywhere on edge of wrap.
- Round 1 (RS): Ch 1, sc evenly spaced around entire outer edge of wrap, working 2 sc in each outer corner; join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, working 2 sc in each outer corner and skipping 1 sc in center of inner corner (at back neck); join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.
- Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The Adorable Woodland Hedgehog crochet amigurumi pattern is such a cute little friend to work up! Worked in the round with worsted… Continue reading: "Adorable Woodland Hedgehogvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Boho Beach Vest
- Diamond Stitch Cushion
- Windowpane Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Rainbow Sprinkles Handbag
- Coastal Wave Runner
- Large Crochet Mesh Market Bag
- Reindeer Gift Bag
- Covid Medical Mask Emoji C2c Crochet Block
- Minecraft Pig C2c Crochet Block
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters