In A Jiffy Scarf
All you need is a few minutes to complete this In A Jiffy Scarf. Yes, you read that correctly- minutes, not hours! This super quick crochet scarf pattern doesn't even require crochet hooks. Use loopy Swerve yarn to make a boa-style scarf by simply making a chain with your hands. This is a great craft idea for all ages. If you've been trying to get your kids involved with crochet, this might be the perfect pattern to start with.
SUPPLIES: RED HEART® Boutique Swerve™: 1 ball 9946 Fizzy OR 9337 Galaxy.
Size: Scarf Measures 3” wide x 45” long.
Gauge: Gauge is not important for this project.
NOTE: This scarf is a chain that is made by hand rather than with a crochet hook. Use the palm of your hand to measure each chain so that the chains will be consistent in size.
- Unwind the ball of yarn and lay it flat on the floor or table. Take one end of the yarn and match up with the opposite end, doubling your yarn.
- Using your hand and doubled yarn, make a slip knot leaving a 5” tail and adjust loop to width of your hand.
- Pull yarn through the loop to form a chain.
- Using the palm of your hand to adjust the size of chain.
- Continue to pull yarn through each chain formed until you reach 45”. Tie off.
- Knot each end three times and trim remaining yarn.
Read our full review of Red Heart Boutique Swerve yarn.
Check out Red Heart's company profile and other great patterns!
Read NextSolstice Scarf
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 29, 2018
Wow how unique this this In A Jiffy Scarf! This one would be a good on for my older Grandchildren. I am wondering if it would be easier to just use 2 balls of this yarn to save from having it all over the floor? I'm going to give it a try and see just what I get. Thank you for sharing this hand crocheted scarf pattern.
Jan 21, 2014
I made my first Swerve scarf. Took me about 10 minutes. However, it's nowhere hear 45" in length even pulled tightly. I would either chain over 3 fingers or use 2 skeins tied together before folding in half.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crocheters! Right now!
- Get free crochet patterns, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use