This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
"I have used this star applique on a few patriotic hats I've made - like my Star and Stripes Baby Beanie, and Seeing Stars Basic Baby Beanie - but I wanted to see what other sizes and looks I could achieve by switching out the hook size and yarn used. This pattern contains one basic pattern, and 6 different sizes, which yarn used and corresponding hook. No matter the size, I had my little star ready to go in about ten minutes."
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook, B/1 or 2.25 mm hook, D/3 or 3.25 mm hook, E/4 or 3.5 mm hook, I/9 or 5.5 mm hook, J/10 or 6 mm hook
Crochet GaugeNot essential
Finished Size6 Sizes Included - Range from 2" to 5.25"
- Cotton Thread & B/2mm Hook - I used Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread in Burgundy
- OR... Sock Weight & D/3mm - I used Premier Yarns Wool Free Sock Yarn in Pueblo
- OR... Fine Weight & E/3.5mm - I used Lion Brand's Vanna's Glamour in Diamond
- OR... Lightweight/Sportweight & 7/4.5mm - I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Sportweight Yarn in Red
- OR... Worsted Weight & I9/5.5mm - I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Ivory Sparkle
- OR... Bulky/Chunky Weight & J10/6mm - I used Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky in After Dark
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in Ends
Read NextCherry Leaf