This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Shell Stitch Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Tutorial for a simple shell stitch blanket. This is my go-to for baby blankets because it works up quickly and is very pretty. Solid colors, stripes, variegated and ombre - this pattern is very versatile. Tutorial shows you how to calculate the number of chains you need for the size blanket you want to make. This pattern can be used to make a blanket in any size you need, just keep repeating Row 2 until you get the desired length. "
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished SizeAny size you want
- Any weight yarn
- Any size hook
Read Next95 Free Homemade Crochet Designs
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Shell Stitch Blanket
- 95 Free Homemade Crochet Designs
- Oya Crochet Flower
- 100 Favorites: How to Crochet Clothing, Crochet Afghan Patterns, Crochet Accessories and More
- How to Crochet the Best Free Crochet Patterns of 2013
- How To Crochet A Basic Granny Pentagon
- AllFreeCrochet's Most Popular Free Crochet Patterns: July 2011
- AllFreeCrochet's Most Popular Free Crochet Patterns: June 2012
- Basketweave Stitch (One Row Repeat)
- 20+ Worsted Weight Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters