Afternoon Market Bag
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This Afternoon Market Bag is named for how quick and simple it is to work up. Using a very simple pattern repeat, this market bag works up in an afternoon (or two!). This bag is very beginner friendly. This bag has a mesh structure for the body of the bag and a closed bottom to make sure that none of your items fall out but to give you a little stretch for more farmers market vegetables, more yarn or oddly shaped items. Suggested Yarn: Caron Cotton Cake Although you can use any yarn weight and type you prefer, however, it may change your size depending on the weight. Yardage is approximate and you may need more or less depending on your yarn weight and tension. The finished bag has the following dimensions, per this pattern and my gauge/tension. Body Length: Approximately 13 inches Body Width: Approximately 11 inches Handle Length (from body of bag to top of shoulder): Approximately 13.5 inches Handle Length (measuring entire handle as if it were flat): Approximately 32 inches. Hook: 5 MM (or whichever corresponds with your yarn) Use #theloopholefoxcrochet on Instagram to share your WIPs or finished products with me, I’d love to see them!"
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge isn’t terribly important, but here is mine for reference: 10 hdc in 4 rows = approximately 2 inches x 2 inches.
Finished SizeApproximately 13" long x 11" wide excluding handle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Here's a decorative and wearable shawl that can be created by following this easy crochet pattern. This Angel Wings Shawl Pattern is a… Continue reading: "Angel Wings Shawl Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Harmony Poncho Pattern
- Vicki Roberts
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Florence Hexagon Blanket
- Witch Topsy-turvy Doll
- DIY Handheld Hummingbird Feeder
- The Ghoster Coaster
- Lacy Shells Shawl
- Easy Beginner Dishcloth
- Crochet Pumpkin Pot
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters