Grace The Koi Mermaid
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"An amigurumi mermaid is such an elegant, beautiful character for your plushy collection, but a mermaid inspired by the koi fish makes for a crochet pattern that is as much fun to create as it is to behold. Koi fish are a majestic species of ornamental fish. They are a type of colorful carp from India, but they started being bred for their beauty in Niigata, Japan, and so they have a strong presence in Japanese culture and art. The Koi Mermaid pattern is very straightforward. If you have every made a top-down doll, she won’t give you much trouble. Her tail and elbows both have short rounds to add some bend in them both. Her tail bends in the middle so that she can sit on a shelf or she can sit with her tail bent up and have a little more character than your average flat mermaid. While Grace’s eyes are safety eyes, they have a lot of embroidery detail which is added to the head before they are installed to give it a more human feel."
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge8 sts x 8 rows in sc = 2” x 2”
Finished Size12” tall, seated, 13” tail and fins
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Adorable Woodland Hedgehog crochet amigurumi pattern is such a cute little friend to work up! Worked in the round with worsted… Continue reading: "Adorable Woodland Hedgehogvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Tunisian Lacy Shells Shawl
- Quick And Easy Snowflake Ornament
- Jade And Roses
- Easy Split Skirt
- Harmony Poncho Pattern
- Vicki Roberts
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Florence Hexagon Blanket
- Witch Topsy-turvy Doll
- DIY Handheld Hummingbird Feeder
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters