Balthazar The Sailor Elephant
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Ready to set sails for the great adventure of life ? Balthazar will navigate with you! He loves the ocean, but never without his lifebuoy, safety first, right? Still a baby sailor... This sailor elephant pattern is perfect for a baby shower gift or a birth gift. You can play with the colours of the stripes to make a more unisex version of it, and its potential of becoming best doudou winner is real! Great pattern for intermediate level crocheters and amigurumi lovers. "
NotesI hope you'll enjoy this pattern, if you have any question I'm glad to help, just send me an email, you'll find an address in the contact page of my blog.
I’d be really happy to see your finished Balthazar! Tag me on Instagram, you can find me as @octopuscrochetdesign and use the hashtag #octopuscrochetdesign
I look forward to seeing it!
Crochet HookE/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeWith the above material: 5-round circle = 5cm (2″). Find out how to measure gauge for amigurumis on my blog.
Finished SizeWith the material mentioned above and when gauge is achieved: • The elephant is 18cm tall (7″)
- Yarn: #4 / cotton aran, 8ply, 80% cotton 20% Milk Fiber, in grey, red, white, navy blue (I use a local shop yarn, that I find quite thick for a #4, an equivalent would be Paintbox Cotton Aran but keep the 3.5mm hook to obtain tight stitches and avoid gaps where the fiberfill shows)
- DMC Cotton Perle N°8 shade 310 (black) to embroider the eyebrows (or any black embroidery yarn)
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker
- a pair of 8mm safety eyes
- ball point pins for assembly
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie has got to be one of the best crochet baby blanket patterns you can find. It's the perfect size… Continue reading: "The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankievideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters