Gentle River Ripple Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This gentle river ripple blanket uses bold colors to show off the popular chevron pattern. It has a timeless appeal to home decor. This is my second chevron blanket that I have ever made. The soft peaks and valleys in this chevron throw remind me of gentle ripples on the water in the moonlight. I was going for a gentle wavy effect and after playing around with the stitches for a bit, the look just came together. Generally, the chevron or zig zag look is achieved by increasing and decreasing stitches at regular intervals throughout a row of stitches. This color pattern is repeated 6 times. To make this blanket symmetrical, I added four more rows of the Cape Cod Blue yarn to the end. Blanket is a total of 64 rows."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge10 stitches per 4 inches. The size of this blanket can be changed by using multiples of 14, plus 4 for turning.
Finished SizeThe width with the rows going side-to-side is approximately 61 inches. The length is approximately 58 inches.
- Cape Cod Blue Caron One Pound Yarn 2 one pound skeins or 1,624 yards.
- White Red Heart Yarn 2 skeins or 728 yards.
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
All the monsters in your child's closet will disappear with these Hungry Shark Crochet Slippers. Despite the fact that they're shaped… Continue reading: "Hungry Shark Crochet Slippersvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Flower Hera
- Crochet Flower Rhea
- Robin's Egg Slanted Shell Facial Scrubbies
- Robin's Egg Slanted Shell Washcloths
- Poinsettia Wine Cozy
- Granny Square Soap Cozy (or Small Gift Bag)
- Dip-dyed Soap Cozy Or Small Gift Bag
- Matteo Fingerless Gloves
- Jeans Yarn Clutch Bag
- Carrot Cocoon
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet