Crochet Vehicles Little Green Tractor
This Little Green Tractor is part of the fun Crochet Vehicles series that will bring a whole new dimension to your child's playtime. These homemade toys for toddlers prevent the typical array of mishaps: squished toes from hard plastic wheels, chipped furniture from contests seeing who can roll the toy the fastest, and minuscule broken parts that you can't fix without a microscope. These DIY toys are soft but still completely realistic looking, and this free crochet pattern would be perfect for your little one's first tractor toy. This pattern also gives you the chance to try out the linen stitch, complete with a photo tutorial.
For more great patterns in the Crochet Vehicles Series, check out Little Car Toys and Take a Load Off Digger.
NotesTip: If you use 100% wool, your tractor will naturally felt. If you use acrylic yarn, you won’t get any felting and the tractor would require less maintenance as you could just chuck it in the normal wash.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- 4mm Crochet hook
- 50g Double knit wool in a nice vibrant colour for the body of your tractor!
- Double knit white wool (just enough for the 6 windows)
- Double knit black wool (for wheels, so not very much)
- Double knit red wool (for wheels, so a few scraps)
- Double knit yellow wool (for lights, so about 40 cm)
- Embroidery needle for embroidering the number plate and finishing touches (optional)
- Embroidery yarn (optional)