Oversized Crochet Stole
You'll really find a unique new accessory with this Oversized Crochet Stole pattern. This nifty part about it is that there are slits in the front of the design so that you can put the crochet stole inside of itself so that it totally wraps around you without any added effort. You'll love all the different ways you can wear this wrap, especially if you work it up in a few colors and have an accessory for multiple outfits. Since it's a little bigger and bulkier, this would be a great fall wearable when there's a hint of chill but you don't want to be too warm.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 sts = 4; 8 rows = 4.
Finished SizeShawl measures 14 wide x 80 long.
- RED HEART SuperSaver: 3 skeins 256 Carrot
- Crochet Hook: 6.5mm [US K-10.5].
- Yarn Needle
- Ch 43.
- Row 1 (RS): Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across, turn 42 hdc.
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in each hdc across, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first 14 hdc, *skip next hdc, work Fpdc around next hdc one row below, working in front of Fpdc just made, work Fpdc around hdc one row below skipped hdc, hdc in next 2 hdc; repeat from * 2 times more, skip next hdc, work Fpdc around next hdc one row below, working in front of Fpdc just made, work Fpdc around hdc one row below skipped hdc, hdc in last 14 hdc, turn.
- Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
- Row 5: Repeat Row 3
- Rows 6-20: Repeat Rows 2-3 until 20 rows have been completed.
Split For Sections
First Side Section
- Row 21: Ch 1, keeping in pattern as established, work 18 sts, turn. Leave remaining sts unworked.
- Row 22: Ch 1, hdc in all sts across 18 sts.
- Rows 23-35: Work in pattern as established on 18 sts.
- Fasten off.
- Row 21: With right side facing and holding previous section behind work, join yarn in 17th st on Row 21 of Wrap for Center Section of Split, hdc in next 2 sts, work in pattern as established for 8 more sts 10 sts.
- Rows 22-35: Work as established on 10 sts. Fasten off.
Third Side Section
- Row 21: With right side facing and holding previous section in front of work, join yarn in 25th st on Row 21 of Wrap for Third Section of split, hdc in next 2 sts, work in pattern as established to end to row 18 sts.
- Rows 22-35: Work as established on 18 sts.
- Do not fasten off, turn.
- Row 36 (WS): Ch 1, hdc in first 16 hdc, working through corresponding sts of sections, hold Center Section behind Side Section and hdc through both layers to join 2 overlapped sts, hdc across Center Section sts, hdc overlapped sts of Center Section with remaining Side Section 42 hdc.
- Row 37: Repeat Row 3.
- Rows 38-149: Repeat Rows 2-3, end with Row 3. Do not fasten off.
- With right side facing, work reverse single crochet evenly spaced around all edges.
- Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
Read NextOversized Crochet Stole