We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Victoria Shawl is a great project for any Tunisian crochet newbies who would like to learn a variety of Tunisian crochet stitches and techniques or more experienced crocheters who look for a project with repetitive stitch pattern. The shawl can be made in striking bold colours to brighten up your wardrobe or more toned-down neutral colours to compliment a variety of outfits. The sample is made in wonderfully soft Drops Baby Merino Sport weight yarn that lends the project lovely drape. "
NotesThis shawl is crocheted (RS facing) from the left side of the wingspan to the right while increasing into the first stitch (the very first vertical bar). Every increase row starts with Tunisian simple stitch in the first vertical bar. The midpoint row of the shawl is crocheted using Tunisian cluster stitch while changing colours after each cluster. Decreases are made on return passes when 3 loops are left on the hook.
Each half of Victoria shawl has three distinct stitch pattern sections, namely Tunisian simple stitch, Tunisian honeycomb stitch (alternating Tunisian simple and purl stitches within and between rows) and Tunisian pinstripe stitch (alternating Tunisian simple and purl stitch within rows but aligned between rows).
Tunisian crochet is worked with the RS always facing.
Take care not to miss the first stitch after the increase stitch, as this tends to hide under the increase stitch.
It is useful to mark the beginning of each stitch section with a stitch marker; it makes counting rows much easier.
Ensure that you lock the strands of yarn when changing colours when crocheting Tunisian cluster stitches or there will be large gaps between the stitches that disturb the aesthetic of the fabric. This is done by placing the new strand over the other strand when starting the next cluster stitch.
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge: 19 sts x 17 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in)
Finished Size165 cm wingspan x 70 cm tall (65 x 27.5 in)
- Drops Baby Merino (100% Wool | sport/baby | 50 g (1.8 oz) = 175 m (191 yds), North Sea (A) #47 3 balls, Lemon Punch (B) #45 3 balls)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 4.5 mm (7) with cable (at least 40 cm (16 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Cardboard 26 cm (10.25 in) long
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy Pebble Christmas Tree Crochet Pattern
- Easiest Magic Circle Ever
- Star Cat Toy
- The Fun Guys
- Cevro Intarsia Pillow
- Boho Fringe Pocket Bag
- Ariel Summer Cardigan
- Baby It's Cold Outside
- How To Start Amigurumi Without A Magic Circle
- 5 Crochet Hacks
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters