Misty Sunrise Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Misty Sunrise Shawl is reminiscent of cool autumn foggy city mornings when sunshine works its way through thick layers of mist resulting in a milky white and yellow mixture on the background of urban scenery. The two colours in the shawl are combined using stitches and sequences to highlight each colour and their combination to create an effect comparable with the natural spectacle. The shawl is made using Tunisian crochet technique. It is a medium size shawl that is a great layering option for colder weather. "
NotesThe Misty Sunrise Shawl is worked flat, RS facing from right to left. The shawl starts in the middle of the wingspan and expands to the left, right, increasing in width with each consecutive row. Each row has an increase of 4 stitches (lps). The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP.
Blocking the shawl is essential for this project as it opens up lace stitches and highlights each individual stitch pattern.
The shawl is made in three distinct sections:
1. Section made using tks only
2. Lace section made using Tunisian 2 stitches together that is developed over 2 row repeat
3. Section using the Waffle stitch pattern that is created using Tunisian slanted and Tunisian simple stitches. The stitch pattern is highlighted by changing colour on the return pass.
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge17.5 sts x 20 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over tks
Finished SizeWingspan 137 cm x 68.5 cm (approx. 54 x 27 in)
- The Urban Purl Merino Singles (100% Superwash Merino Wool, | Sock/ Fingering | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 366 m (400 yds)), Celtic Torc (A) 1 skein, Urban Sprawl (B) 1 skein
- Tunisian crochet hook size 4.5 mm (US size 7) with cable (at least 100 cm (39.5 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Grab a couple skeins of cozy chenille yarn and get ready to kick back and relax with the stress-free Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby… Continue reading: "Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Tranquil Tides Blanket
- Snow Globe Towel Topper
- Kj Infinity Scarf
- Simple Crochet Beanie Pattern
- Thin Headband Crochet Pattern
- Cocoa Wrap
- Festive Bauble Bunting
- Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Prerna Tunisian Scarf
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 9.0
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters