Power Of Positivity Prayer Flags
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"We recently moved into a new home and I wanted to make something special for it! I have always admired Tibetan Prayer Flags, so I decided to research more about them and see if I could make some of my own. The literal translation of the Tibetan word for the prayer flags is “windhorse”. The Tibetans believe that the wind carries prayers and positive energy from the flags. What a beautiful way to set good intentions for a new space! Tibetan prayer flags have 5 different colors. They are traditionally strung in groups of 10, with each of the 5 colors represented twice. Tibetans actually encourage and approve of people from all walks of life using flags of their own creation. I went traditional with the colors and created simple symbols that were meaningful to me using filet crochet."
Crochet HookE/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not important for this pattern.
Finished Size5 x 5 inches (13 x 13 cm) each flag
- Worsted Weight 4 Cotton Yarn (I used Paintbox Cotton)
- 50 yards Blue, 50 yards White, 50 yards Red, 50 yards Green, 50 yards Yellow
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Take a walk through some medieval woods with the Majestic Hooded Scarf Pattern. While wearing this crochet scarf, you'll feel like you… Continue reading: "Majestic Hooded Scarf Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Haylee Hand Towel
- The 1 Skein Scarf
- Raffia Yarn Purse
- C2c Jaguar
- Mirror Sparkle Ornament
- Classic Striped Dish Towel
- Baby Penguin Amigurumi
- Free Sparkly Scarf and Hat Crochet Patterns
- Care Bear-Inspired Crochet Hat Pattern
- Nautical Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters